Chapter - 28

Meera kept on staring at broken pieces of mirror. With red shot furious eyes, dishevelled hair, panting chest, she was giving a perfect competition to any witch.

Meera Ashok Sehgal, first born to Ashok and Shivani, twin sister of Myra, had understood the way how this cruel world works. When she was a kid, looking at her father she understood that one needs to be selfish, cruel, cunning to live life with happiness.

Her father's devious, thievish, vile genes overpowered her mother's calm, sensible, honest and ethical ones.

Post her parents divorced, one part of her heart craved for her mother's love but her mind and her needs conquered her decision making power. She saw her little sister slipping into depression in their mother's absence which led the court to revert their decision and pass on her custody to their mother.

During the second trial, the family court had given 10 year old Meera a choice to choose between their parents but she decided to stay with her father. She prioritised her father's wealth, luxurious and hassle free life over her mother's pure love.

Over the years, her mother tried to contact her even after staying miles away, but she was drowned in the fake lavish lifestyle provided by her father. In the initial days when she visited her mother over summer vacations, her mother and grand-mother used to spend maximum time with her. The time which annoyed her over the years, due to their limited resources to fulfil her unending demands.

It did not take much time for her mother to anticipate her elder daughter's expectations from life. She was turning into a selfish, manipulative, self centric girl as every year passed. Her mother tried her best to make her understand the true meaning of life.

Over the years, Meera started hating her mother who always tried to bring her on the correct path. She badmouthed and insulted her mother, comparing their lifestyle with what her father was providing her. She even instigated Myra to rebel against a mediocre lifestyle, but Myra was a perfect mother's daughter who did not come under her elder sister's influence which annoyed Meera the most.

Meera could not take rejection from Myra, she took it as her insult. She started humiliating Myra in every possible moment of life.

Over the years, Myra became a prey of Meera to dump all her frustrations and resentments. Her behaviour resulted in distance between twins.

Myra on her part ignored her sister's harsh behaviour to concentrate on her studies, her life was filled with unconditional love of her mother and grand-mother.

Myra's negligence always pissed off Meera to her extreme.

After a few years, Meera refused to visit her mother by passing lame excuses. Her father, Ashok took it as his victory over his wife's revolts. To sustain his ego, he gave ultimate freedom to his daughter which led her to consider him as her role model. She started spending maximum time with her father. 

Ashok Sehgal never believed in relations but in his self gain. Abundant wealth, toxic societal culture, abusive and alcoholic friend circle, her father's womaniser nature became a way of life for Meera when she was growing up.

When she had received news about her mother's critical condition from her grand-mother, she ignored it as she was busy with her friends on Maldives holidays. She could not even see her mother's face for the last time and she never regretted it.

She started her modelling career when she was in her early teens. She was a beautiful girl with captivating and sexy features. She used her own self to grab a few modelling assignments, Divya, her father's third wife became her advisor, mentor, friend, philosopher.