Chapter - 19

"Thank you so much dear." Nandini took Myra'a icy cold hand in hers. Her eyes were filled with tears.

Myra blinked her eyelashes a few times. It took some moments for her brain to process Nandini's words. She gulped heavily.

Nandini chuckled with teary eyes looking at Myra's expressions. 'She is too innocent.'

"You are also a mother Myra. I hope you will understand me now." Nandini pulled Myra along with her to the hallway's couch.

"Even though Neil is a 29 years old grown up man. Even though he is a father to a kid. For me, he is still my baby." 

Myra was still quite trying to understand the sudden change in her mother-in-law's demeanor. Myra was used to with Nandini's harsh behavior but her current soft and soothing stand pushed her in hole.

Nandini understood Myra's anxiousness, she thought to clear misunderstandings as well as reasonings for her past behavior.

"My younger brother got married with a girl from a poor family in love marriage. She destroyed him leading him to opt for suicide. We lost him. My parents could not take the loss and they also bid bye to this world. This left a huge impact on me. I know generalizing everyone due to one incident was my fault but I could not help it." 

Myra felt Nandini slipped in her memory lane as tears started steaming over her cheeks. She took deep breath to gain equilibrium of her emotions.

Taking a deep sigh, she continued, "When Neil attained the age of marriage, due to his charm, wealthy family background and successful career, girls used to throw themselves on him. I used to get worried about him. I brought Meera into his life thinking she will be perfect life partner for him but that was my worst decision."

"She destroyed my baby. She killed his heart mercilessly. If Neev was not there, I would have lost my son just like my little brother. I have seen him crying bitterly. My hatred for Meera increased by each tear my son had shed for her." 

"You are a mother to Neev. You tell me Myra, what would you have done if somebody tried to harm Neev?"

Just a simple thought passed shiver down her spine. Tears started rolling over her cheeks. She shook her head in denial mentally promising herself to shield her baby from any hardships.

"I could not neglect the fact that you are Meera's sister. As a mother I wanted to protect my child. Was I wrong?" 

Myra nodded her head in denial, today she could understand Nandini's reasonings. She was right at her place. 

"I know you both are different individuals and looking at you from her lenses was wrong. But my motherly heart saw Meera in you. I am sorry for dumping all my anger and anguish for her on you without your fault." Nandini, caressed her cheek with her free hand.

"It's ok Mrs. Singhania." Myra could hardly mumble.

"I am sorry but my mind does not allow me to trust you fully with my son even now. In fact, I don't trust anyone nowadays. But that's my problem. I will never bother you for it. Recently, I was pushed to look at you in different angle and I am happy, that I started to know the real you. I can see you have been taking good care of my son and grand-son. You are a nice girl Myra. Thank you so much for it."

The same moment Neil had returned from his office, he halted in his tracks looking at his mother and wife talking. He had already heard his mother's words. It amazed him.

"I am his mother, I can see him coming out of his shell. My heart feels, you are that ray of sunlight which will soon push away all dark clouds from his life brightening it with bright sunshine."