Chapter - 31

"Neil, please leave me." Myra tried to release herself from her husband's stronghold. It was a blissful morning after a stormy day.

"Why are you such an early bird? Sleep." Neil did not open his eyes but tightened his grip over her petite figure. Her touch, her scent he had craved for in the last few days. Now when she was in his arms his heart was reluctant to leave her.

His grumpy tone brought a small smile on Myra's face. From the last 10 minutes she had tried all her ways to come out from his embrace but was unsuccessful, she wanted to stay as is but her motherly and wifey duties were asking her to get up and start their routine.

Last evening both talked and sorted out their way to face the upcoming storm. Neil and Myra both knew it's going to be a difficult time for both of them ahead. Neil confessed his heart out hoping to gain Myra's trust, and to his surprise she trusted him.

Yesterday, the way she had faced her sister's appearance in their home must have broken her from the core, shaking her trust over their newly found relationship. Neil was scared when Myra had locked herself in the room. His heart was thumping inside his ribcage with fear of losing her.

But he thanked his destiny when she silently listened to his side. His matured wife gave him a chance to explain, and she trusted his words. He knew, his past in the form of her sister's presence around them surely had inculcated insecurity in Myra's mind and heart about their bond but this time, he was ready to fight with all odds to be with his nightingale.

Last two days when he was away from her, were taking a real toll on him, he understood his wife had turned into his lifeline.

No matter what he was not going to part away from his soulmate. She had become the reason for his survival, his happiness. He needed to resolve her unsaid doubts, instil their trust, and flourish their relationship.

Both did not step out of the room but had dinner inside before sleeping in each other's arms.

His words, his honest confession, his hopeful eyes, his feathery touch gave some relaxation to Myra's earlier tumbled mind and heart. Her heart was whispering to trust her soulmate and she had decided to hear pleas of her heart.

"Don't you want to go to the office?" She asked, staring at him from corner eyes while trying her luck and strength both at the same time to escape from his hold.

"How unromantic you are? Your husband returned from a business trip after 4-5 days and you want to send him again to his office." He cribbed making faces. He was nuzzling in the crook of her neck.

His lips were grazing over her bare shoulder giving a tingling sensation inside her stomach.

"Neil, please stop it." She begged.

"Nope. You are not going anywhere. Just stay with me." He tightened his hold.

"You are more stubborn than my Neev. Such a drama king." Myra twitched her nose but she could not suppress her chuckle.

"Don't take his name. He will wake up." Finally, Neil opened his eyes to see the crib where his son was sleeping peacefully. "Thank god he is sleeping. Your bodyguard son will jump on me next moment if he sees us like this."

Myra laughed at his sulking, she got away taking it as an opportunity when her husband's hold loosened. "Accept you are scared of my baby." She teased him by making a cute face.

"Hey? Where are you going?" Neil tried to hold her but this time he was late. Myra quickly got down from bed and ran towards the washroom.

"I have to make my baby's breakfast. I promised him to make his favourite banana pancakes as a bribe to forgive you." She reminded him about last night's events, when his son was offended over his father. He was not letting his father even go near his mother, from his point of view his father made his mother cry.