Chapter - 6

Myra's POV

'She is his Nanny.'

'If she does anything harmful to my son or my son cries because of her. Then just throw her out.'

Even though he left, his hurtful words were piercing my heart.

How can he think that I will hurt my Neev? He is my baby. He is my life.

Neil has changed a lot. It was not new for me to hear hurtful words from my so called father, humiliation and taunts from my twin sister but Neil... he always talked and treated me with respect.

But Meera's betrayal added much bitterness in his soul. He was betrayed by the one whom he surrendered his everything. Now, he can't trust anyone, I tried to make my bleeding heart understand.

I need to keep my sanity and patience to deal with a broken heart.

"I will set your breakfast" Julia's voice brought me back on the earth.

"I am not hungry"

"You have not done your dinner yesterday as well. You need strength to fight and for that you need to have some food." 

"I will do it in room. Neev is alone there." I turned to go. I don't want anyone to see my tears.

"Sure."

I came back to my room. Neev was still sleeping soundly on my bed. Before going I have placed pillows surrounding for his safety.

I sat beside him. I carefully caress his silky hairs without disturbing his sleep.

"Am I your Nanny?" Tears started rolling over my cheeks.

'I don't know when you will start talking what you will call me? Will you call me Nanny? Or Aunt? Or Mumma?'

'You can call me whatever you want but I will always love you as my son. You will always be my first and only baby. Even though I did not keep you in my womb, but I felt you from the very first day when you were in her tummy.'

I don't know how much time passed. Julia came and kept breakfast on table and left but my eyes were only on my baby. It feels peaceful and surreal to see him sleeping without any tensions or worries of life.

'I promise you my baby, I will keep you away from all miseries of this hard life. I will do anything and everything for you.' Kissing his forehead I sealed my promise.

I felt moments, and Neev opened his eyes. He flickered his eye lashes for few time. Then there was bright smile on his lips.

He looked at me and babbled something in his language. I took it as he wants me to pick him up.

I picked him up and rested him on my chest lying down on bed.

He started meddling in my chest, pushing his thumb in his mouth.

He was cooing in his language and I was trying my best to understand what he is saying.

His smile took away all my pain. His smile was infectious bringing smile on my face as well.

"Neev, you are my baby right. You know right I love you the most." I gave kiss on his chubby cheeks.

He took out his tongue with giggle.

"Now it's time go get up. We need to do brushee brushee. And then Neev will eat his breakfast then Neev will do bath. Splash splash splash."

He stared at me with his innocent eyes. And giggled loudly.

I guess my baby understood everything.

"He is my smart and handsome baby"  I corrected his hairs falling on his forehead. I got down to take him to washroom.