Kissing Experiments

MIKA • POV

My heart was pounding in my chest so hard I could feel it throbbing in my ears and I nervously wiped my sweaty palms across my pyjama bottoms over and over again to remove the embarrassing moisture gathering there.

Ahh so nervous!

I was breathing heavily and Archie was no better as he stared at me, his face inches away, shadowed from the darkness underneath his bed. We were both quiet, both staring, both trying to process what was about to happen.

The air was tense between us, filled with excitement, fear and anxiety. There was an unspoken understanding that what we were about to do was probably not allowed and could get us into a lot of trouble if anyone else found out. The anxiety of knowing that just made things even more exhilarating and my pounding heart jumped against my rib cage.

Archie's dark brown eyes were trained on me, darting from my eyes to my lips and back up again. He too looked uncertain, yet excited and after a while, he found the courage to scoot a little bit closer.

"I'm gonna do it. Do you still want me to?" He whispered so quietly it was hard to hear him. Though, I was glad he was whispering, since it wouldn't take much for one of my siblings or his siblings or both our sets of parents to hear what was going on from another room close by.

I didn't know what I'd do if we got caught.

When I proposed to Archie that I wanted to experience my first kiss with him, he'd been shocked, then intrigued and then embarrassed. It made perfect sense in my mind, however. He was a dominant wolf, I was a submissive. He was my best friend and we were the same age. We both had no experience with such things so why not practice with one another?

Besides, it wouldn't do if I met my mate and I didn't know how to kiss properly, would it? That would be even more embarrassing than kissing with my best friend under his bed right now. Disregarding the fact that we were only thirteen and we wouldn't find our mates until we were eighteen, I knew I was ready to have my first kiss now.

The curiosity was killing me!

After watching Daddy and Papa kissing and all the other mates in the pack making out so passionately with one another, I was desperate to know what it felt like and why everyone loved doing it so much. Plus, if all went well, Archie and I would have five years to practice getting better at kissing before we met our mates!

I nodded, holding my thumbs up so that Archie was reassured I definitely wanted him to kiss me. The anticipation was making me squirm and I licked my lips nervously. Perhaps we should've brushed our teeth or eaten mints first? How exactly did this work?

Archie took many deep breaths as if to gain confidence and his expression turned determined as he leaned in. He smelt good, like strawberries. He was always stealing his Daddy's nice body creams and lip glosses and this close, I could see the glitter smeared across his eyelids from the makeup kit he'd been gifted recently, even in the dark.

He was pretty, really pretty. Sometimes I was envious of my best friend's good looks, jealous of how effortlessly and confidently he wore his makeup, where I always looked more like a clown whenever I tried to mimic the bold, pink eyeshadows and lipsticks. He was also taller, broader and fitter than I was... not that it was surprising.

I was an omega and everyone was much bigger than I was, but where my siblings and my best friend were growing into their new, pubescent bodies nicely, I was still stuck in my childlike frame. Though luckily, here in the dark, none of that mattered.

I only just managed to suck in one last gulp of air before Archie's lips pressed against mine. Stunned frozen, I lay there on my side, my eyes wide, staring at Archie's closed ones as my mind whirred to catch up with the current playing events.