Going Home

****Long Chapter

The next day they both woke up when they came in with the breakfast trays.  They both slept well last night in each other's arms.  They just got done eating breakfast and the trays have been cleaned up. The nurse is doing her rounds and she comes into Taehyung's room. She came over to Taehyung and said, "Good morning, I have been told that you are going home today Mr. Kim, so while I am checking your incision and re-bandaging you, I will need to teach your caretaker how to do what needs to be done and what to look for in case there is an issue."  She looks at Jungkook and asks, "Are you gonna be the one taking care of him?"  Jungkook smiles really big and proudly says, "Yes I am."  The nurse smiled and said, "Okay Mr. Jeon, I will need to teach you what and how to do what you need to do to take care of Mr. Kim.  So come on over here and we will get started."

Taehyung starts thinking and then realizes what is about to happen.  The whole time Jungkook has been looking at his face the whole time the nurses were doing their checks and changing bandages and he was looking at his face when they removed his catheter.  Now he will have to watch what they are doing so he will see all his scars and how ugly and disgusting he is.  So he said, "Jungkookie, n-no please d-don't."  Jungkook looked up at his face and saw tears running down his cheeks and asked, "What's wrong baby?"  Taehyung started crying harder and said, "I d-don't w-want you to s-see." Jungkook was confused and asked, "See what baby?"
Taehyung is just crying and holding onto his covers like his life depends on it. Jungkook looked over at the nurse and asks, "Can you give us a few minutes please?"  She nods and says, "Sure, I will go on to the next patients on my rounds just use the call button when you both are ready."  Jungkook says, "Okay I will. Thank you."
The nurse leaves the room.
Jungkook looked back at Taehyung and said, "What's going on baby, why are you crying?"  Taehyung started crying harder as he spoke, "I don't w-want you to s-see, you s-said I'm beautiful and y-you have feelings for m-me. Well this w-will change everything, and I-I don't want to l-lose you. I won't be b-beautiful to you a-anymore and you won't e-even want me around b-because you will be d-disgusted."  Jungkook sat down on the bed next to Taehyung and pulled him close and said, "Baby you are beautiful and yes I have feelings for you. Nothing can change that, you're not gonna lose me."  Taehyung pulled back the covers and pulled up his gown as he started to cry even harder. He said, "L-Look at me, g-go ahead and l-look how gross I-I am."  Jungkook looks at him and says, "I am looking baby, and what I see is scars of the hell that my strong, beautiful Angel had to live through. Now my angel has me to take care of him, and keep him safe. So he will never have to live in hell again."  Taehyung looked up at Jungkook and asked, "You don't think I look gross?"
Jungkook smiled at him and said, "No, not at all. You are my beautiful Angel, and once you are comfortable enough I am going to kiss everyone of your scars to give you new, good memories for each one. For now though, please stop crying baby, it's okay. The nurse is gonna come in here and teach me what I need to know so I can take good care of you. So I can take you home."

Meanwhile, in Jungkook's mind...
My poor baby endured so much. He has so many bad scars. I want him to know nothing but happiness from now on.  I'm gonna love him and make him feel so good.

It's been about an hour now, they had called the nurse to come back after Taehyung had calmed down. The nurse showed Jungkook step by step what had to be done.  She even let Jungkook do most of it because hands on learning is always the best.  She also told them both that the stitches on his incision are dissolving stitches so they won't need to be removed they will just start disappearing.  She also told them what he needs to do for Taehyung to shower.  She said that when they leave they will send them with waterproof covers for both of his casts.  Then the nurse said, "You did a good job, so do you think you can do it at home?"  Jungkook answered, "Yes I can."
The nurse smiled and said, "Okay, well I am done here so I'm gonna move on to the next patient. I will check on you later."