rice & beans

"why you lookin' like that?" nadine asked as she continued to sip her drink, she's the type to babysit her drink and secretly stay sober, so i lifted the bottom of her cup and made her drink it all

"why you lookin' like that?" nadine asked as she continued to sip her drink, she's the type to babysit her drink and secretly stay sober, so i lifted the bottom of her cup and made her drink it all. "mind yo' business girl." i said jokingly.

"attitude." domonique said causing her sister to burst out into laughter.

dunt dunt dunt... dunt dunt dunt-

"woah-o-woaaaaaah, you make me happy." everyone in the house yelled in unison, going towards the music to see the old heads outside drunk dancing around the bonfire and a stand with a picture of megan's mother on it holding a baby i'm assuming is megan.

" everyone in the house yelled in unison, going towards the music to see the old heads outside drunk dancing around the bonfire and a stand with a picture of megan's mother on it holding a baby i'm assuming is megan

"my sister may be gone, but this was holly's song nie, everytime it played she wanted everybody up and on they feet, we gon do this dance one last time for you girl." shanice said before we all started doing the line dance.

i looked over to see khaleek standing in the door with megan's other cousins staring at me and the girls but i'm a little tipsy and i don't wanna get out of character with these people and it's my first time meeting them, so i'll ignore it.

"why the fuck they staring?" tamera asked, still dancing with us but focusing on the doorway as we danced in the backyard.

eventually they walked back inside and closed the door and the dance was over, everyone went around and told a story about megan's mom- and i can see where megan gets her wild ways from. "lil meg, you were the world to holly, she looking down so proud of you, we love you and if you need anything- we here for you megan." megan's grandmother said as she walked over and hugged megan.

"thank you grandma, y'all bout ready to go?" she said looking at us while wiping her face, we all nodded our heads yes and said our goodbyes to everyone. i really like megan's family, they're so carefree and close- it's hard to find welcoming families like that.

"y'all not staying here megan?" megan's cousin asked. "no, i would have if it was just me, but i got my friends so we got an airbnb." she said giving him a hug, walking towards the door.

hopefully this is the last i have to see of this ma-

"you mind if me and the boys slide through?" he asked, mentally rolling my eyes- hoping she'll say yes she does mind. "no, i don't mind."