CHAPTER 20 ** Autumn in New York

Dahan - dahang pumapasok.ang sinag ng araw sa glass wall ng malawak na kwarto ni Maureen.
Dagli syang napabalikwas ng gising ---- sabay tingin sa wall clock sa kanyang harapan . Its already eight o ' clock in the morning .
Naalala nya , Birthday nga pala ni Alexa ngayon ... She promised to take her at the.  Fort
Washington  Park  --- near Hudson river.

Kahit malungkot ang pakiramdam nya dahil sa nagdaang gabi ng magka usap sila ni Jun , ay waring naroroon pa rin ang pagmamahal nya sa lalaking minahal nya sa buong buhay nya .
Tutol man sa loob nyang sabihin ang katotohanan kay Jun tungkol kay Alexa , ay waring  nag aalala sya sa kung ano ang magiging Outcome' nito sa buhay ng kanyang anak .... Alexa is too young to understand ...
My daughter is always my priority , no matter what !  How time flies , she is now  eleven years old .

She puts  her robe on , comb he hair  and slowly peeped - in at Alexa's room... she's not there .
Dumeretso si Maureen sa Dining room ,  ' Oh .. there you are , Happy birthday Honey ...
Embracing her in a huge hugs , ' Well .. as promised papasyal tayo sa  Fort  Washington Park  ". Alexa kissed her .
" I love you Mom... and thank you for being the most wondergul Mommy in the world ."
" Oh , Wow .." Maureen laugh ,  Okay.. now I will cook breakfast before something else ..you eat then...  take a shower , and put on your new jeans and a pink hoodie that I bought , as my gift for you  , sweetie..."  Alexa smiled  " Oh , Mom ..really ? Love you..". sabay halik ni Alexa .
Maya - maya pa ay dumating ang Daddy ni Maureen at " Happy birthday Babybear.." waring nagbibiro ang nakatawang Lolo niya , that' s what He fondly called her. Alexa laughed .
And they did all eat their breakfast happily.

At the Fort Washington Park     ***

Its quite like a  Camping ground , it surrounds a Pond ... and can be use
for camping , fishing and picnic ... Alexa is beaming with excitement . The place is serene and peaceful .... The  trees ,. the lake sparkling waters , and the mandarin ducks  , pretty  wild flowers , the green grass , it is really ideal for picnic  .

Alexa' s enjoy boating with her grandpa...chasing the ducks , walking  in  the afternoon sun and having  some  sunlight beside  the  river ,  and the  songbirds ....

They  stayed there for the  whole day , so much fun  and joy in the eyes of  innocent face of Alexa .
Maureen smiled a bit as she  looked at her beautiful  smile , the laughters  with her grandpa ,  Maureen felt a  sudden guilt ...
She  taught ,  " What was the  point  if  I'd tell Jun that  Alexa  is her daughter "  ...    she shrugged -   off   her shoulder ... And  looked at  Alexa and her Dad as they  happily  catching a Fish  at the pond...