CHAPTER 27 ** Ashes of Memories💐👣🚴🚴

Playlist :

You and I

are Travel far together .. by : Richard Poon

Aesthetic

Aesthetic

        *************

A Eulogy followed after the ceremonial mass.

As a wife , Alyssa walked into the aile , going to the center of the altar where she hold the microphone...
She took a deep breath , looking around and ..

Alyssa's Eulogy :

This is a moment of despair to me and my two son's ..so difficult to accept the sudden loss of the most important person in our lives..My mind blown away when I heard the call from the hospital in Cagayan de Oro where he work .. the first thing that I had in mind was , this a frank call elsewhere , a kind of joke.. but its Not !
The bomb of news was flashing over the television and social media ... Another call from my sister - in law , Jasmine where telling me the tragic accident happened in Cagayan de Oro and one of the fatalities was my husband Ruel Valderama Jr , that's when the thing sinks in.
Ruel Valderama Jr. or Jun" as we fondly called him was a very loving , responsible , caring husband ..nevertheless we married in time of our distress ...

(Alyssa paused for a while )

We began our journey as husband and wife , though I know for a fact, that he loved someone else and he marry me ,just to save me in shame because that time I Am  pregnant already by  another man who ran  away  from his responsibility..  and the woman that he loved so much  was  his  cousin Maureen  Valderama Miller ,  the  very  first woman  that  he marry out  of  church  or  civil ceremony  , but on their own  Vows and Promises at  the  old  church somewhere  in  their hometown . And ,... for this
moment of total sadness , I am giving the honor  to  Maureen to say all the memories of my  husband  Ruel Valderama Jr,  because for me , .   She  was  the true  and  first  wife ..        I  am  in the first place , never  loved  by  my husband  but  he respected  me and care for  me  enough ... Afterall ,  we  only have an  Arrange  Marriage .
But  I  did  love  him  so much  and  will  always remember  him  as the most  loving  person .

And  now  may I  call  on Ms . Maureen Valderama  Miller.

Isang matunog na palakpakan ang narinig ni Maureen ...nasa kanya ang lahat ng tingin ng mga naroroon , hindi makapaniwala si Maureen na gagawin yon ni Alyssa . Ang mga tao  na  naroroon  ay hindi rin makapaniwala na  mayroon  palang ganoon  lihim  ang masayang  pagsasama nila  Alyssa  at  Jun Valderama.

Bulung - bulungan ang bawat isang naroroon .
Dagli naman pumunta sa kinaroroonan ni Maureen  si  Ysabel ..
"Are   you   okay Maureen ? "   in whispering  tone .
She  didn't say a word just  nodded ..
Marahan  naman  syang inalalayan  ni Jasmine para  tumayo .

Maureen  walked ...  and kiss  and  hug Alyssa .. They whispered something on each other and then , she preceeded to  the center of the altar .

Silence ...

Maureen Eulogy :

This  day  of  memorial interment   can  be difficult ,  saying goodbye  to  someone very   dear  to  me is hard  enough ...
She took a deep breath.. We  were  born  in  the same  place  ,  but different time and year .
since  a  little  child  he were  like  a  brother  to me ,   as  we  grew  older our  affection  for  each other  grow .  When we were  in high school , we began  to find comfort in the  same  hobbies  we tried  to impart as a teen ager ...  Maureen  took a deep  breath again .. paused for a while ,  holding her emotions ..

A minute of long silence.

People began murmuring  to  one another..
Maureen continue , collecting her thoughts.

Building  up  memories , walking  in  the  fields , and  all   the  moments  we shared together as a kid , I  remember  all the funny  moments  that we  outgrown as a teen- ager.

During  our  college days ,...  that's  the  time that  we  became lovers , and  took  us  a  brief paused  during  the anguish  part  of  our relationship . The time that our parents knew about our relationship We 've to be separated   , and that time   I   was pregnant and  gave  birth  to our love  child  in  Australia secretly,

Everybody  here  knows that  Ruel  Valderama Jr. was  my  first  cousin. , but  I  will  always  love and  remember  Him  as my  husband .
Yes.  we were Wed at the old church in this town , secretly ...
Maureen this time can not hold anymore  her tears..
Somebody  in  front  of her  give a tissue paper to  wipe  her uncontrollable tears on her  cheeks .
She  smiled  a  bit  to the woman ,  happens to be
Alyssa's  Mom.

" Now,  I  am  only  left with  his  memories , she continue ,  and  now that he  is  gone , ...  I  will always  return  to  those  places  that   gave  us  both  comfort .. the Valderama Ancestral  Mansion .... the old church ...
always  knowing ,  that you  are  there --- watching  over  me  and our  daughter  Alexa .
We will miss you Honey ... "

An  obstreperous sounds surrounds  the  room ., people  stared  at her , some  in  deepest sympathy  as  they  are astound  to  the fairytale like  love  story  of  her .

Maureen continue..

"Rest  well  on  your journey  , we will always cherished  your memory forever. "

To  share  a  thing  very personal ,  infront  of a room  full  of  people , something  genuine  that comes  from the  heart , a warm applause gave to Maureen ..and Alyssa.

Then taken the body for the interment ceremony

A moment of waiting ...

The ceremony followed at  the  cemetery at the vicinity  of   Heritage Memorial  Park  ...
where the family , friends , and relatives pay their final respects before  the  casket  is lowered into the ground
for burial .
At this time , people pay the respect and offer white roses and condolences to the family .

Maureen says a prayer fot the interment of the remains....
..

Alyssa now , says the final  word  and prayer .
As friends,  relatives and family , placed flowers on  the  graveyard  and then the mourners leave

Except for Maureen ..
She stays longer at the graveyard ,

The visitors and family went  to a private room provided  for  lunch and refreshments.

" Maureen , Hija .. tayo na sa loob .."  Ysabel embrace her....  kahapon ka pa walang pahinga .. "
Maureen  embrace her in  between  sobs..
Marahan syang inalalayan ni Ysabel ...holding her cold hands , they simply walked away to the graveyard.

**🖤💙**💙🖤**💙🖤**

Hope you enjoy reading though so much pain and sorrows in this chapter...
I will miss him too in my next chapter .
Thank you guys for reading...🌻