CHAPTER 22 ** ALexa's Secret Reveal (⁠ ⁠˘⁠ ⁠³⁠˘⁠)⁠♥

It's a hazy , gloomy morning  ----
The Autumn breeze can be felt now...

Dad and I driving down the road with Alexa at the backseat .
Papunta kami sa school ni Alexa . I sensed that Dad ramping up for a  conversation about  yesterday where we had spent the day  with Jun .

I just stare at him as if saying. * Let's talk about it until we drop off Alexa later in school .

Jun is having his own way going to his Time Square Hotel . He spend the night with Maureen's  apartment .

Napag kasunduan nila ni Maureen , to spend the last four days of his vacation with her ...
We know better that this is one of those situations  where we have the feelings as a Family .

Dad and I ride in silence for  several  long. awkward  minutes ...I turned  my head and stare,   get  the  window   at the Manhattan traffic .
Not long enough and we are here at the gate of Alexa's school ..
" Alright Sweetie , we're here.
Naunang bumaba ng sasakyan si Maureen , inalalayan si Alexa sa pagbaba habang hawak sa isang kamay ang huge backpack ni Alexa , I stare at her with one squinted eye before I let her go , ' I will fetch you later Honey after school , with Tito Jun , how about that huh ! "
She lift up her chin , and kissed her on her cheeks
" Yeah, of course ...and Alexa waved  at her ..
' bye Mom .."
Matamang minamasdan
ni  Maureen si Alexa habang  lumalakad palayo  ..matamang pinag  aaralan  kung paano   sasabihin  ang katotohanan  na  si Jun ang  tunay  nyang Ama.
She sighs a deep breath ,
because it is always the reason  that scared me .. how hard can it be ?
That's the trouble I' m finding it harder and harder to do ...
What more , I am a little bit skeptical of telling it likewise to Jun ,somehow I need to find a way not too harsh for both of them .

Kung hindi ngayon kelan nya gagawin ?

She bit a little of her lower lip.
I stopped caring about what other people think or might say , maybe this is the right time .

I scoop my cellphone at the  pocket  of  my  oversized jacket when it suddenly buzzed , I looked a second then I turned my head to my Dad , before I shoved my cellphone back to my pocket .
" Dad .... Jun texted me , he  want Alexa and me to stay  at his hotel room for  tonight ...
He  just nodded , before saying   ,  " And what are your  plans ... don't  you think    this  is the right time  to  tell  her  the truth . ? *
" Yeah ,  I think about that  over and over but ...I  still  nervous to think  what  would be the  outcome  and.... honestly , I don't know where  to begin ."

Matamang  hinawakan ng  Daddy nya ang kanyang  kamay ... na parang sinasabing na ,
* Everything will be alright , * Kausapin mo sila  ng  magkahiwalay para  mapag aralan  mo ang   reaction ng bawat isa ".  waring nag aalala sabi  ng Daddy nya .

Maureen took a deep breath ,. There' s seems to be , 

* No Backout Here*  

she said to herself .
" Uhmm ,. What now ? "
she heard from her Dad , she looked blankly  to her Dad asking  for what he had said ..
" Sabi ko , ihahatid ba kita sa Hotel ni Jun o sa opisina mo ? "
" Sa office ko na lang Dad , then  pasundo nalang  ako  kay  Jun . kami  na  ang  susundo kay  Alexa  sa school .
We will spend the night together  with  Jun ."
Marahan syang nilingon ng Daddy nya kinabig sa balikat at banayad na hinalikan sa buhok ..like the way he used to when she was a child .
" Kung  anuman ang desisyon  mo , nandito lang  ako hija ,  I want you  to  be  happy now ...you deserved it !

Suddenly  the car stopped at the front of her  * Home for the Elderly Agency * building ..
" Bye Dad , and love you..see you tomorrow "
She opens the car door and waved to her Dad.

          **************
Jun  and  Maureen driving  swiftly ,  going to  Alexa's  school  this afternoon.