Battle Tactics (Clans)

| Approach from behind your enemy |

The advantage is gaining the higher ground is that you can charge at greater speed at the enemy, who will be weakened by having to fight uphill.

| Use the light from the sun |

The sun should be behind you to dazzle your Use the light from the sun enemy. In green leaf, the midday sun is especially bright and cruel to cats who are used to sulking under the cover of the trees.

In leaf bare, the low sun hovers around the eye line like a troublesome bee, keep your enemy from facing it, and they'll have trouble seeing an attacker from any direction.

| Know were the wind is coming from |

If there is a strong wind, it should be blow from behind you toward the enemy, blinding them with dust and holding them back like a current of a river.

If you wish to preserve the element of surprise, the wind should blow from the enemy position toward you so your scent is carried away from them.

| Conceal the size of your force |

The number of cats in your battle patrols can be hidden to confuse the enemy from a distance. Cats packed tightly together will appear as a small attacking force, encouraging the enemy to be overconfident and make poor strategic decisions.

Alternatively, is cats are spread out in signal file, they will look like a solid border of warriors, which will seem impenetrable to an advancing enemy.

| Attack from both ends of the Enemy first |

If both ends of the enemy line are defeated, the cats in the center of the line will have to fight the two fronts. Even if they are outnumbered, the will be out flanked, vulnerable, and in disarray.

| Keep fresh warriors in reserve |

Always have adequate reserves of fresh, fit warriors behind the battle line. They will be able to replace injured warriors, launch a separate attack if the enemy tries to encircle your forces, or fend off a surprise enemy from the rear.

If the battle is in your favor, finish it by sending your reserve warriors behind the enemy line to surround them and demand surrender.

| Feigned retreat and ambush |

A group of strong cats charges at the enemy, screeching, then turns and withdraws. Repeat this until the infuriated enemy finally breaks it's line and gives chase.

Then the trap is sprung. Other warriors positioned in rabbit holes and other dips in the ground-out of enemy eyes line- attack as soon as your opponents have gone past.

The enemy will be forced to stop and turn around to fight the unexpected threat, as they do the retreating cats must turn and charge back at them with full speed. The enemy is caught between two bodies of attacking cats and will quickly surrender.