WindClan

WindClan's strength enables them to survive on the bleakest, most open territory, where there is nowhere to hide from invaders, and where borders lie open to the sky, as fragile as the breeze.

Unlike the other Clans, who skulk in brambles or shadows of even in water, WindClan has nothing to hide.

They live in the open, and fight in the opened, too, with two lines of cats fading one another across empty ground.

Both sides are equally prepared but only one Clan leaves the field victorious, in certain knowledge of its superior strength.

Special Battle Tactics:

1) Approach from above your enemy: The advantage of gaining the higher ground is that you can charge at greater speed at the enemy, who will be weakened by having to fight uphill.

2) Use the light from the sun: The sun should be behind you to dazzle the enemy. In greenleaf, the midday sun is especially bright and cruel to cats who are used to skulking under the cover of trees. In leaf-bare, the low sun hovers around the eye line like a troublesome bee; keep your enemy facing it, and they'll have trouble seeing an attack from any direction.

3) Know where the wind is coming from: If there is a strong wind, it should blow from behind you toward the enemy, blinding them with dust and holding them back like the current of a river. If you wish to preserve ghetto element of surprise, the wind should blow from the enemy position towards you so that your scent is carried away from them.

4) Conceal the size of your force: The number of cats in your battle patrols can be hidden to confuse the enemy from a distance. Cats packed tightly together will appear as a small attacking force, encouraging the enemy to be over confident and male poor strategic decisions. Alternatively, if cats are spread out single file, they will look like a solid border of warriors, which will seem impenetrable to an advancing enemy.

5) Attack both ends of the enemy line first: If both ends of the enemy's line are defeated, the cats in the centre of ghetto line will have to fight on two fronts. Even if they are not outnumbered, they will be outflanked, vulnerable and in a disarray.

6) Keep fresh warriors in reserve: Always have adequate reserves of fresh, fit warriors behind the battle line. They will be able to replace injured warriors, launch a separate attack if the enemy tries to encircle your forces, or fend off a surprise enemy from the rear. If the battle is in your favour, finish it by sending your reserve warriors behind the enemy line to surround them and demand surrender.

7) Feigned retreat and ambush: A group of strong cats charges at the enemy, screeching, then turns around and withdraws. Repeat this until the infuriated enemy finally breast its line and gives chase. Then the trap is sprung. Other warriors positioned in rabbit holes and in dips in the ground - out of the enemies' eye line - attack as soon as your opponents have gone past. The enemy will be forced to stop and turn around to fight this unexpected threat, and as they do, the retreating cats must then and charge back at them at full speed. The enemy is caught between two bodies of attacking cats and will quickly surrender.