Gathering (Clans)

A Gathering is a meeting of the Clans, and is held on the night of a full moon. As said in the Warrior Code, there is a truce, which forbids fighting during the Gathering.

It is considered a great honour to be chosen by a Clan leader to go to a Gathering. In the forest, this meeting was held at Fourtrees, while at the lake, this place has been moved to the island.

| Purpose |

On Gatherings, Clan leaders announce current affairs and significant events within their respective Clans, such as the appointment of new apprentices, warriors, and deputies, the deaths and births of cats, and the retirement of cats.

They also use this time, if necessary, to ask for help from others, such as when WindClan asked RiverClan for drinking rights in their territory, when a drought shortened their water supply.

Warriors use this chance to meet their friends from other Clans and exchange information.

Many cats will use a Gathering to try to determine the strength and weakness of another Clan.

Clan leaders hold Gatherings to share news with the other Clans. Gatherings are meant for meeting new cats, but not to share Clan weaknesses and strengths.

When the moon is full, the Gathering begins. The start of the Gathering marks a time of truce between the four Clans.

If the truce is broken, StarClan will send clouds to cover the moon, signaling their displeasure. Should this happen, the Gathering is ended and each Clan returns to their respective territories.

| Procedure |

The Gathering is held on the night of the full moon, because it is the only time that the moon is bright enough to see everything and everyone.

The leader, the deputy, the medicine cat and their apprentice - if they have one - several warriors, apprentices, queens, and elders participate from each Clan.

If a leader cannot attend, the deputy will speak on behalf of their Clan.

Once arrived at the Gathering territory, the leaders sit on a designated high spot (i.e: a rock or a tree branch) along with the other leaders where they can be seen and heard well while talking to the warriors and to each other.

Deputies sit close by. It is considered to be disrespectful if any other cat speaks from atop the leader's spot, unless specifically asked.

As decreed by StarClan, the nights of the Gatherings are a time of peace. If there is any violence, StarClan sends a cloud to cover the moon signifying their displeasure; usually the Gathering ends if this happens.

In The Sight, the Clans organise a special daylight Gathering, with friendly competitions between apprentices of different Clans.

Suggested by Squirrelflight of ThunderClan, it was to celebrate the Clans' second new-leaf by the Lake, and to ease the ongoing tensions between the four Clans.

| Location |

Gatherings are held on territory that is neutral to all Clans, and it cannot be claimed by one Clan alone.

When the Clans were in the old forest, their chosen spot to gather for their meetings is called Fourtrees.

Once the Clans moved to the lake, however, their gathering place has changed to an island, with a tree being used as a bridge that branches across the water.

An example of a Gathering location not being neutral territory is when RiverClan temporarily lived on the island during Dark River, due to Twolegs damaging their camp.