The Early Settlers

Founder: Shaded Moss

Current Leader: Tall Shadow, Clear Sky, Wind Runner, River Ripple, Thunder

The Early Settlers were the first cats to settle in the Forest Territories after splitting off from the Tribe of Rushing Water, that led to the formation of the modern Clans.

They split into two camps, led by Clear Sky and Tall Shadow, although the latter temporarily stepped down, leaving Gray Wing as leader.

Tall Shadow and Gray Wing co-led the moor cats, but Tall Shadow later left the moor, giving cats the choice to go wherever they please, while she settled in the marshlands.

The cats are now divided into five groups: and each group has their respective leader- those cats being Shadowstar, Skystar, Windstar, Riverstar, and Thunderstar.

The Early Settlers originally traveled from the mountains to the forest territories.

Shaded Moss is the original leader of the group, with Tall Shadow replacing him after his death.

However, a half moon after their arrival, they split into two camps. They did this because half of the group preferred to live in the forest rather than on the moor. Later they split into five camps.

Gray Wing then comes up with the idea of naming them Clans on his death bed.

| Clear Sky's Camp |

The forest cats' camp, led by Clear Sky, is known for being extremely defensive against any visitors, chasing off any cats who cross their territory.

It ranks members of the camp according to their worth, place, and reputation with Clear Sky, instead of family ties and personal relationships.

After the First Battle, Clear Sky learns from this mistake and gains a much softer and caring leadership style, though it is not smooth enough to keep Thunder in his group.

When Gray Wing decides to name the groups Clans, he names Clear Sky's group SkyClan. After Clear Sky receives nine lives, he takes the name of Skystar.

| Tall Shadow's Camp |

The moor cats' camp, led by Tall Shadow, Gray Wing, and Wind Runner, is in the same place as the future WindClan's camp.

The moor cats' camp has less cats than the forest cats', but has more kits than the forest cats', and eventually has more (known) cats than the forest cats'.

Later, some of the moor cats leave to the pine forest where future ShadowClan resided.

When Gray Wing decides to name the groups Clans, White Tail names Tall Shadow's group ShadowClan.

After Tall Shadow receives her nine lives, she takes the name of Shadowstar.

| Wind Runner's Camp |

Wind Runner leaves Tall Shadow's camp after her kits' death and sets up camp near the Fourtrees.

When Gray Wing decides to name the groups Clans, he names Wind Runner's group WindClan.

After Wind Runner receives her nine lives, she takes the name of Windstar.

| River Ripple's Camp |

A group of cats led by River Ripple live where future RiverClan resided. When Gray Wing decides to name the groups Clans, Black Ear names River Ripple's Clan RiverClan.