Clan Meeting

A Clan Meeting is an event held in the Clan camp when a Clan Leader convokes the Clan members to share important information with them.

| Purpose |

A Clan Meeting has one or more of the following purposes:

- Announcing important events or sharing information (such as relating what happened at a Gathering).

Example: Firestar sharing the news of the Gathering when RiverClan proclaimed that the lake was theirs.

- Conduct a ceremony (such as appointing new apprentices, warriors and deputies, confirming the retirement of elders, or changing the name of a cat).

Example: Firestar calling a Clan meeting for the appointment of Lionblaze as a warrior.

- Warn Clan members about dangers. (such as the fox traps, a flood, or an impending attack).

Example: Firestar calling a Clan meeting from the results of the battle with WindClan and ShadowClan.

- Bring the Clan members together to discuss an important matter.

Example: Leafstar calling the cats together to decide what to do about the Twoleg torturing cats.

| Procedure |

It is the privilege of the Clan Leader to convoke a meeting. However, sometimes other Clan cats do it; for example if they feel that an important information or question must be brought to the Clan (such as Mousefur calling a meeting in Sunset), or if the leader is not available (such as when Fireheart called a meeting in A Dangerous Path).

To begin the meeting, the leader climbs to a high place (such as the Highrock in the ThunderClan Forest Camp) where all cats gathered below can see and hear them well.

He or she opens the meeting with the words "Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather here beneath the Highrock (orHighledge) for a Clan meeting". This type of call has only been verified for ThunderClan.

RiverClan's call is: "Let all cats old enough to swim gather to hear my words!".

ShadowClan and WindClan's calls have not been revealed yet. Though not revealed, it is sometimes thought to be "Let all (insert here)Clan cats gather for a meeting".

On the rare occasions of Clan meetings in the Dark Forest, a leader calls out with these words: "Let all cats old enough to kill their own enemies gather here!"

Once having the attention of all cats, he or she passes the message or performs the required ceremony.

Clan Meetings have no fixed dates; a meeting can be called at any time, whenever the leader feels the need to do so.