Final Author's Note

That concludes Piece of You.

Now, let me tell you my other ideas for how to end this story.

So at first I was thinking that it would be as sad as it was in canon and literally everyone would die. Finn would die, then Elaine, then Klaus, Elijah, and Hayley. Reynard would be left alone and he would raise Hope. The last scene of the last chapter would have been something like him offering her his hand and walking away with her after promising to raise her, teach her, and protect her, just as his mother did for him. But that was depressing as hell so I deviated from it.

Then, I was thinking about having Reynard die. I played with this idea manyyyy times and I almost ended up doing it. So we would have gotten our last scene of House of the Dragon Season 1 moment with Elaine losing her shit and avenging Reynard. But that would have been very dark, as Elaine would be absolutely unhinged without Reynard and there would be no coming back from it. She would genuinely lose pieces of herself with each violent act until she ended up dead.

I figured a happier ending was better. And I am satisfied with how I ended it, though not satisfied with how the story was written overall. This past semester has been tougher than previous ones with many new commitments and I just haven't had as much time to write which left me lacking severe motivation whenever I did actually have time to sit down and make a chapter. For that, I apologize. This story was not made exactly as I planned but in the end I am still proud of the outcome. I hope you enjoyed getting to know Elaine and Reynard. I enjoyed making them.

As many of you already know, my next story is already out and has been updated far more frequently now that I'm done with midterms. (Klaus Mikaelson x OC) is set to be a lot sadder and angstier.

In terms of future stories, my plan is:

1.Tyler Lockwood x OC (TVD S3 - onward)

2.Damon Salvatore x OC (TVD S5 - onward)

3.Elijah Mikaelson x OC (TVD S2 - onward)

4.Marcel Gerard x OC (TO S2 - onward)

5.Vincent Griffith x OC (TO S2 - onward)

6.Enzo St. John x OC (TVD S5 - onward)

I am also considering making an OC to be paired with Tristan de Martel, as per several requests I received for a Tristan story. It's in the works, I promise, and as soon as I have the perfect idea, y'all will be the first to know.

Thank you so much for reading and interacting with this story, it means the world to me. Your continued support fills me with such joy and I love reading all of your comments.

Mischief Managed,

Sprinting Fox