Chapter 1

"Sylvia? Y .. you're a dragon?" I said.

"Now that I am in this form, we do not have much time. Yes, I am something you humans refer to us as 'a dragon'. The reason I am dying is because I performed a dangerous spell, and it backfired. By trying this spell, I turned my husband against me, so I had to flee. But I sensed one of his subordinates dangerously close a few days ago, so I feel that my time of hiding is drawing to an end. This form will alert them of my location, which is why I only have time to explain what is necessary. I'm giving you this to take care of from now on.

One of her bladed wings unfolded and revealed a translucent, rainbow-colored stone the size of two fists. With a myriad of colors and shades, this stone resonated an aura that made me hesitate in holding it, as if I wasn't worthy.

Without waiting for my response, she continued, "You will understand soon enough, but for now dont tell anyone you have this. Most will be drawn to it, because of the aura it emits. This should help, wrap it around it." she plucked a feather out of her wing and handed it to me. As I wrapped the stone in the feather, the aura dimmed and finally dispersed.

I heard Sylvia cast a spell, and the stone became ethereal and floated in my chest. Surprised, I jumped backwards, "What just happened?"

"I hid it in you, this way no one can take it from you, and you can take it out whenever you can. Now to the next thing" she explained, while casting another spell. I saw her eyes glow in a deep purple color and her runes glowing in the gold color they had, almost lighting up the whole room, and I collapsed with a terrible headache.

"I'm sorry for the pain, but I have to shield your mind, so no one can change your memories or change anything else." she said, with a tear rolling down her right cheek. She seemed to exhaust herself much doing this, as she breathed a lot heavier and her wound was now bleeding like the cut happened just seconds ago.

While she was casting the spell a huge explosion disrupted her. I whipped my head up to see that the whole ceiling of the cave had been blown off, and purple flames festered at the ends of the crater. A figure, similar to Sylvia's previous form, but much smaller and with smaller horns, descended from the hole. He wore a black armor and a red cape that matched his blood red irises.

"Lady Sylvia!' I advise you to stop your stubbornness and hand it over. You caused us a lot of trouble by casting that accursed spell and then running and hiding. If you hand it over, and help fix the mess you caused, the Lord will even try to heal your wound." he said, with a deep and husky voice, while looking at her wound.

"But it seems it is already too late for that. The wound is much worse than it should be." he looked puzzled, as he couldn't understand why the wound was this bad, and how Sylvia survived that long with a wound that severe.

It seemed he only noticed me now, and looked at me with a look of not understanding. "What is this kid doing here, Lady Syl - - - ?" he asked, but stopped in the middle. No, not he stopped, everything had stopped, and was now inverted in color.

"Art, you have to listen to me now" I heard Sylvia say behind me. I turned around, to see she was not stopped. "I'm going to give you my will now, and after this the world is going to continue. As soon as that happenes, you have to run to the portal." The Portal had formed as soon as she had turned into her dragon form. "I will fight him, so you can escape."

"No! I won't let you die here. Can you not come with me? " I begged, tears rolling down my face, and trying to pull her to the portal. As one could imagine, I, in my 3 year old body didnt have the strength to pull a massive dragon anywhere.

"I'm already dead, the wound is going to kill me in a few hours anyway", she said. "I just have a last request, can you call me grandmother?"

"Grandma, just come with me, my mother is an emitter, i'm sure she can heal you, so just come with me", I continued. I saw her give me a smile, and then I saw her runes slowly stopping to glow, and then even fading away. Her eyes lost her purple color too, and turned into a light blue tone. As this happened, her snout brushed my chest and I felt how something left her body and entered mine and resided in my core.

As this happened, the world unfroze.

"- - - via?" the horned man finished his question.

"Now Art!" Sylvia screamed, and jumped toward the man, who was visibly surprised at her sudden movement, despite her huge wound. I ran toward the blue portal, that was the only light source, now that Sylvia's runes were gone. As I reached the portal, I could see the armored man standing next to Sylvia's unconscious body.

"NOO! Sylvia!" I screamed and moved a step toward her. The man's head spun around and in an instant stood next to me, and grabbed my arm. With his other arm he cast his purple flames and burned the portal with it. The Portal that Sylvia had casted, while slowly dying, and the portal I had to go through, to get home to my parents.

"Wait here" he said in a stressed voice, which surprised me. Why was he stressed? He had won. Sylvia was almost dead and unconscious, the portal was closed and I wasn't strong enough to do anything. But he looked unhappy, no, he was terrified.

He let me loose, since I had nowhere to go anyway, and was back next to Sylvia. He moved so fast that I couldn't even see it. Out of a ring he wore on his right hand he withdrew a device that looked like a smaller anvil, completely cast of the same black material his armor is made of. I watched as he imbued mana in it, while with his other hand he began to... try to stabilize Sylvia?? He withdrew all sorts of stuff from his ring, and tried to close the wound she had, or at least stop the bleeding. After a few more seconds the anvil emitted a dim light, and a portal opened above it. He hurried to push Sylvia through it, carefully watching out, to not worsen the wound.

As she was on the other side, wherever this portal lead, he looked at him, shrugged his shoulders and flew through the cave, grabbed me by the arm, and dragged me through the portal with him.