Chapter 6

Priscilla Glayder POV

My Husband and I were standing in front of the royal teleportation gate.

Yesterday my husband had received a transmission from King Alduin Eraltih, to meet up. He didn't say what this was about, just stated that it was urgent. From what I could tell, he was pretty upset about something. Since we started to rebuild our relationship to the elven Kingdom, we couldn't reject it and were now waiting for their arrival. Blaine just wanted to send his guard to pick the Eralith family up, but I insisted that it would be rude and that we should go ourselves.

And here we stood, Blaine and me stood in front of the gate, with Bairon behind us. Varay was securing the area, so we would have no interruptions.

As a close clock tower began to bell for the whole hour the Eraliths came out of the gate. First Alduin stepped out of the gate, directly followed by his wife Merial. They were followed by the former elven King, Virion Eralith, a man I had never met personally before, as he preferred to keep his hands out of politics now. From what I heard about him, he had my deepest respects.

In the previous war he fooled Blaine's father all the time. Blaine's father and his strategic council had by no means been incompetent, the opposite in fact. They were celebrated as the smartest humans to live in the past centuries. But this man made them look like fools, with every move they had made. He had outmaneuvered them more times than one could count, eliminated the spies in his lines, with an incredible efficiency and, to top that all, even managed to kill one of the artifact holders by locking him into a trap and then defeating him in a one on one fight.

He was said to be a silver core mage with the will of a shadow panther, an AA class mana beast, that allowed him to move at remarkable speed. At least the silver core part I could verify, as I was a silver core as well, albeit just barely. In the end of the war, when Blaine's Father had realized that he couldn't win the war with Virion Eralith alive he sent out dozens of assassins, who all failed, most of them were sent back dead.

This all ended of course, when Blaine killed his mad father and signed a peace treaty. After that the legendary Virion retired and let his son take over the wheel.

Just the fact that this man, who said, he didn't want to do anything with politics anymore, was here now, sent shivers down my spine. It confirmed the message from yesterday: Whatever this was about, it was urgent.

At the end, two women left the gate. The taller one had greenish hair and surveyed the area, while the smaller one with black hair instantly locked eyes with Bairon. They both wore elven armor that was decorated a bit, to let it look glamorous, without impeding its efficiency or restraining the wearer's movements.

Even if they hadn't tried to check out their core levels and failed to do so, it would be clear as night and day who these two women were. Just the fact that the Eraliths brought both of them wasn't a good sign.

In the best case I could think of, this was a power projection, in the worst they have prepared for this meeting to turn violent.

While I had confidence in the power of Varay and Bairon, it was also a fact that these two served in the war as artifact holders.

One of them had made it impossible to surprise the elves, every time the humans had planned a trap they knew about it, while completely stopping any advances in the forest. The humans had discovered that one could use the senses of some manabeasts, that were native to the forest, to keep their orientation, so they were quite confident in their advances. But as soon as they were in the forest the whole forest turned against them, each vine, each tree, each turned on them, and did so with such ferocity, that even yellow core mages couldn't do anything against it. And those were just the plants she controlled. An entire elite task force of 5 silver core mages went missing, to be found later with all kinds of wounds, all infected with poison.