Chapter 7

Arthur Leywin POV

The door opened and Anela entered the room. She looked refreshed, like she had a good night's sleep, and had time to refill her core.

"Seems like you're fine." She said, seeing me standing on the balcony. "It's a breathtaking view, isn't it?"

"Yeah, it really is."

"You're looking at the forest in the eastern dominion, Etriel. The High Sovereign said you didn't know anything about Alacrya, so I thought I would tell you a bit, while doing a check up."

Agrona told her? I thought he wanted to keep it a secret. Not that I mind, I am his guest at this point, and I already owe him a lot. If he didnt do what he did yesterday, I would already be dead.

"Even if he didn't tell me, the way you acted and stared at these" she pointed to her horns, "made it pretty obvious that you're not from here. And the way you didn't know about your blood's story, or that your parents didn't want Vritra blood."

She was done preparing some artifacts next to my bed. "If you would lie down" she said, and I did. "I am supposed to run some tests, to make sure, your body accepts the Vritra blood, and your will. Additionally I would like to run some tests to make sure that the rapid growth of your mana core did not cause any problems."

"Sure, what do I have to do?"

"First I need some blood" she gently grabbed my left arm and took out a syringe from a dimensionring. "Ready?" I nodded and she pierced my skin. She extracted a bit of blood and took out the syringe. She then took some of that blood and let it spill in the artifact.

"That needs some time" she said while starting the artifact. It started to turn the blood sample with a high speed, it was a centrifuge, I realized.

"While this one does his job, let's continue. I would like to inject some of my mana in your core and take a look. This way I can check your will, without you having to activate it. It would be better, if our Sovereign or at least a scythe would be present, when you activate it the first time."

I agreed. Considering what happened yesterday, I thought the same. While I was curious to find out what the will allowed me to do, I would have to be patient. Agrona said he would visit today anyway, I could wait this long.

Anela sat down next to me and started to cast a spell. I could feel how some foreign mana entered my core and traveled through it. I had to concentrate, so my core would automatically purify the mana, rendering her spell useless on the way. After a few seconds, the mana left me.

"Everything seems to be in order." Anela confirmed. "Your will is passive for now, but you should be able to activate it in a moment's notice."

She started to write down some things on a list she had gotten from her dimensionring. "How high is the concentration of your blood by the way? I had forgotten to ask our sovereign."

"I am not sure if I am allowed to tell you" I answered, while looking at my hands. It was weird, she had done so much, but Agrona had told the sentry yesterday that it was a secret.

"Oh, you can tell anyone anything about you. I just don't want to put you in a position, you don't want to be in." Agronas voice came from the balcony. I hadn't noticed he had come in. I looked confused at the door. "Oh, I just saw that you had discovered this small gimmick, so I figured you were awake and flew by." he added, seeing my confusement.

Of course, if Seris, a scythe, could fly, Agrona, a literal god could do so too.

He entered the room through the wind barrier and nodded to Anela.

"In that case, it's 100%" I answered Anela. She just stared at me, like I made a joke, but Agrona nodded, confirming what I had said.

"But that's unheard of. Noone even got to the concentration of a third, and you have pure blood?" I just shrugged my shoulders.

"He is a mystery in more than one way, and I am sure he will do some more mind cracking stuff" Agrona said.

"But I wonder, why you still look like that." he added. "You saw how Cadell looks with 30% and Dragoth also changed in appearance. We guessed that the change in physical appearance was different from person to person, since Veissa, Melzri and Seris all have a higher percentage than him, but to think that you wouldn't change with pure blood was surprising.

Well, since I am here now, let's check your will and magical abilities in general, shall we?"

I agreed and got up, while Anela finished analyzing my blood sample. "Please wait a second, High Sovereign. His blood isn't active."

"His blood isn't active? What do you mean by that? How can his blood not be active?"

"Look for yourself" She said, while gesturing to a device, what could be the pardon to a microscope in this world. Agrona hurried over and looked into it. "He has your blood and everything seems to work, but it doesn't have the same mana properties the blood of Vritra has. Of course I cant compare it to your blood, but in contrast to the blood of Sovereign Kiros it has no mana abilities." Anela explained.

"How can this be? It's my blood, for sure, but youre right, no mana properties. It doesn't even react when I probe it with my mana." Agrona said. "Get onto that Anela. You can order any Sentries you might need, but don't tell them where you got that. Just say that this is the blood of a failed transfusion and I ordered you to take a closer look at it, to find out why it didn't react.

Meanwhile we are going to test you a bit." he said, while looking at me. Why do I suddenly get a weird feeling that I won't enjoy that 'testing' as much as I imagined?

***

>1k words

2nd chapter for today since I wanted to give you at least a bit Arthur today. Big chapter tomorrow, I promise.

***