Chapter 13

Merial Eralith POV

I was preparing the strategy for the soldiers stationed at the border, as Virion entered the room. He had lost his tired and sad expression, instead he had a bright smile on his face, his eyes shining brightly.

"They have found her and she is fine. Aya is with her awaiting our arrival." He announced with an excited voice. "I'll go get Alduin, you tell the soldiers to stand down and we meet at the teleportation gate," he said and was gone again.

I nodded, unable to bring out a word. We have found her and she's fine. That's all I wanted to hear. I have never had so much fear in my life before as I had in the last few days. All these feelings left my body the moment I heard Virion say these words.

I needed a second, before I left the room.

"Queen Eralith, where should we start with our search?" a general asked me. He was one of the soldiers I was supposed to meet and deploy on the border.

"That won't be necessary. We have found her. Tell your men to stand down and tell the other generals to do the same." He nodded. "My Congratulations."

I rushed to the teleportation gate, to see that my husband and father in law were already waiting. My husband looked as happy as I felt.

We stepped through the gate to find ourselves in Xyrus city. I noticed the city right away, since we visited Cynthia Goodsky from time to time, who had an academy here.

"King Eralith, Queen Eralith, Elder Eralith! I would like to escort you to your daughter." I could hear a voice from behind me. We turned around to see a white haired woman. I recognized her as one of the artifact holders of the humans.

"Thank you, how nice of you." I said with a smile on my face. Of course, she was ordered to escort us in order to prevent any disturbances on our way. We entered the carriage that had already been prepared for us.

"How exactly did we find her?" I asked, looking at Virion, since he was the one who informed me.

"Apparently a merchant found her in an underground auction. He bought her and went to the town hall, to report the kidnapping to the authorities in the hope of finding her parents, where he met Princess Kathyln, who drew the connection. Aya overheard their conversation and trailed them, to confirm her identity. As soon as she was sure that the girl was Tessia she contacted me. Right now she is with Tessia in the mansion we're on our way to." Virion explained.

'We really have to thank that merchant,'' I thought to myself. Not everyone would buy a slavegirl, and then report her to the authorities.

We arrived in front of a big mansion. It was not comparable to our palace of course, but for a merchant it was rather large.

As we passed the border of the mansion I could feel a small gust of wind. I had to smile. I knew it was one of Aya's spells. It was like a dome she casted, and she could feel every movement in this area. She could also identify people by their signature mana signature, even if they didn't even have a core. The first time I heard about this spell I was surprised that this was even possible. We were talking about a sphere of up to multiple hundreds meters in diameter, in which she had absolute knowledge about everything physical.

The human artifact holder, if I remember correctly her name was Aurae, also noticed the barrier. She shot a look at us, to reassure herself that this was done by us. Virion gave her a nod to confirm.

As soon as the carriage stopped, I jumped out. I didn't want to wait for another second. As I ran to the entrance, the door opened and I saw Tessia. She ran to me and I pulled her in a hug.