Chapter 12

Arthur Leywin POV

I was walking to the Agrona's office. I was tired, as I spent the whole night devouring the books I had borrowed from the library. I only noticed how fast the time went by when the first sun rays blinded me in the morning. I hurried to at least get a few hours of sleep before I would visit Agrona and meet the Scythes. I was only able to manage 3 hours of sleep, an amount I knew was much too small, especially at my age. I constantly used little amounts of water mana to create some cool water in my face to keep me awake.

I also spent some time on the balcony in order to work on some of the theories of the books and even managed to cast some lighting and ice spells. I was still unsuccessful with using sound or gravity magic, but I had time. I could tell I was making progress, and as long as that didn't change I would be able to control them one day.

On my way to Agrona's office I stopped by the library to return the books I had read and borrowed some additional ones on gravity and sound mana manipulation. I also checked out a book about the history and most common mana devices and artifacts. I hoped I would have some time later to read them, although I had my doubts. Agrona had said that he asked Cadell to train me a bit. And I would guess that I won't be able to move a single muscle after that.

I thought about the things he would try to teach me, but there were so many things I had to learn that I could only guess. We will probably start with a short training session in general, to see where my strengths and weaknesses were. Since I had complete trust in my abilities with the sword, I would guess that it is going to be about mana manipulation. But how would he be able to show me that? From what I understood, everyone here had runes, a privilege I would have to wait for. I am not sure how familiar Cadell was with the original way of mana manipulation.

Lost in my thoughts, I had almost missed my turn. If I was right, Agrona's office should be right there. I nodded on the door, and the door was opened from the inside. A huge man opened the door, he must be way over 2 meters tall. His massive horns and gray skin showed me that he also had Vritra blood pumping through his veins.

"Ah, you're here" Agrona welcomed me. Like the last time I was here, he sat behind his desk. But in contrast to last time, there were more people here. On the right side were several chairs with people on it. I recognized Cadell and Seris, while there also were two other women. One had white hair, while the other had purple hair.

They all gave me curious looks.

"This is Arthur Leywin. He is a talented young boy that I have taken an interest in." Agrona introduced me. "He has more than enough potential to make him one of you, so please help him, whenever you can. Over the next few weeks he will accompany each of you for a few days, so he can learn how we operate."

"If I might ask, what makes him so special?" The behemoth that opened the door for me asked. Agrona gave me a nod. "Why don't you tell them yourself?"

I took a deep breath. "I managed to form a mana core at the age of three years. Some months ago I met Sylvia, who gifted me her will. After that Cadell brought me here. In an attempt to control my will something went wrong and the only thing that helped me was Vritran blood. This whole process allowed me to push to a yellow core stage. Yesterday I tried my will for the first time. It allows me to see mana particles and increase my efficiency a lot. I also am able to use all 4 basic mana forms and the lighting and ice deviancy and I am sure that I will be able to control the other two in a while." I finished. While catching a breath I looked at the Scythes.

Seris had a passive expression, I knew that she already knew all of that and more. With her knowledge about me and her possibilities it would be more surprising, if she hadn't heard of my spells fired from the balcony yesterday.

Cadell looked a bit surprised when I told about my varianty of mana usage. He already knew everything else, either because he was present or he was informed by Agrona for our training later.

The other three had more extreme reactions. "An asuran will is unheard of," I could hear the Scythe with purple hair murmur to herself, while the woman with the white hair was more stuck on the part of my rapid development. I could feel how she checked out my core, to verify what I had said. Not that lying would make any sense, since everyone was so much stronger than me and could easily discover such an obvious lie.

That left the goliath, who looked like he didn't know what to say.

After a few seconds the Scythe with the purple hair had a question. "Whose blood do you have? I know that the Sovereigns were not here at the time. Did we still have some blood reserves?" She asked more to Agrona than me.

"No, we didn't. But because of how urgent the situation was I had to risk giving my blood. I know I said that I wouldn't give anyone my blood, since it is potent. However, we didn't have any alternatives and he would have died, before any sovereign would be here.''

"How is it that I can't feel the blood?" The other Scythe asked.

"We don't know why, but his blood is passive at the moment. It just behaves the way human blood would." Agrona explained

"Maybe his percentage is too low:" The Scythe with the white hair guessed.

"That can't be the problem," I said. Agrona said that he trusts anyone in here, and so would I. At least with this secret. I wasn't planning on telling anyone about my previous life, but other than that I would be an open book.

"Indeed, that isn't the problem." Agrona agreed. "I suspect that the will and the blood counteract each other a bit, especially since he has the gene that normally prevents the usage of asuran influences, like the blood transfusion. This was only possible because the gene was busy fighting the will. My hypothesis is that all three of these parts keep each other in check."

"You answered Melzri by saying that the percentage isn't the problem. What percentage does he even have?" the giant asked.

"I have pure blood," I simply answered.

That shocked everyone except Agrona and Seris, who already knew.

"That can't be the case. Even Cadell only has a bit above 30%." the woman with purple hair said, while switching looks between Agrona, Cadell and me.

The tall man laughed, thinking I made a joke. "I like your humor, boy. But honestly, what is it?"

Agrona interrupted both of them. "I know it's a bit of a surprise, Viessa and Dragoth, but it's the truth. I already tasked Seris with finding out how this was possible."

"Anyway, now that you have all met, I would say that you two can start with Arthur's training, right?" He continued, while looking at Cadell and me. He nodded and we left the room.

As Cadell and I walked through the hallways, I noticed how he gave me some glances. I guess someone is a bit curious. The closer we went to Agrona's training room, which he had provided for my training, the more excited I became. I cant wait to see what Cadell could do, and how he can help me grow stronger. 

***

>1.3k words

The first reunion tomorrow, I promise