Chapter 23

Sylvie POV

Yummy. I love that meat. 'What exactly is this' I sent to Arthur.

'I think that's Lobster.' he answered me. It was so funny how he still thought that he had to direct his thoughts toward me, so I could hear them. Most of the time his thoughts were about mana and different spells, which sounds interesting, but if it's present 24/7 it gets annoying rather quickly. I also wanted to give him some privacy, so I tried not to listen, when his thoughts were not directed toward me.

I continued to devour my meat, while Arthur focused back on the spell he was testing. After he copied Dargoth's spell some weeks ago he continued to check all the books about runes and tried out every spell they described, also adapting and improving them, like he did with the barrier spell, or 'vacuum barrier' as he called it in his head. He really sucks at naming.

Right now he was trying to learn a water spell that would allow one to feel sources of water nearby, which itself wasn't so great. But with a precision this spell would allow him to feel living things through solid objects and such, because of the higher water concentration in humans compared to the surrounding air.

Someone knocked on the door. Since it seemed like Arthur didn't hear it, I decided to fly over to the door myself and open it. Dad stood there, proud to see me flying. It wasn't too long ago, since he taught me how to control the mana in such a way and he was surprised at the speed I learned it.

"Hey Sylvie. Is Arthur here?" he asked.

"Yes, he is focused on his spells," I told him.

He entered the room, looking at Arthur. "What is it now?" he asked me.

"A water spell to feel life."

"How interesting. HEY, ARTHUR" he broke my bond out of his concentration.

"Oh, I am sorry. I hadn't noticed you." he apologized.

"No need to worry, I see you're making progress as fast as ever. Which is the reason I am here. We have a small problem, that your growth is a bit too fast. We're out of stuff to teach you. You already know all the things one is able to teach you, the only thing you need now is experience.

This is why I would like you to enter the relictombs. You have read about them, haven't you?"

Arthur remembered the name. The relictombs were built by the ancient mages in an effort to conceal their knowledge from the dragons. Agrona had created a whole economy around adventurers, or ascenders as they were called here, who venture into them and get back with artifacts, training and a higher chance of a more potent rune.

It was also the place where the artifact storing the information about Grey, Nico and Cecilia came from, which allowed Arthur to be reborn here.

Arthurs knowledge once again helped me, as I had forgotten about them.

I could also feel how Arthurs heart raced, full of excitement and how his thoughts went overboard, with all the things he could try in there, as well as all the things he could learn.

He really is quite predictable in this regard. Looking at Agronas face he also noticed Arthurs change in mood.

"That would be fantastic." Arthur answered. "But I would have to leave Sylvie behind, wouldn't I?

He was right, in some of the books it was stated that Asuras of any kind wouldn't be able to enter the relictombs. Again, a thing I only knew because of Art's knowledge. I am so thankful that I could just look into his memories, instead of having to learn all that stuff myself.