Chapter 5

Virion Eraltih POV

As soon as we were back to our castle my son went to his office. After a couple of minutes he came out.

"Where are Alea and Aya?" He asked me. He may be the king now, but both of them were still bound to me. He was a good king, even if he was a bit too emotional and his fuse wasn't as long as it could be. But he stayed away from the not so nice aspects of ruling a country. That was still my job. That's why it also made sense, that I was in charge of the only two mages with a white core in our kingdom. Their talents would be wasted, if they would just serve as glorified bodyguards for us.

"Alea is already out looking for Tessia. I ordered her back from her previous task as soon as Tessia didn't come back. Her sensory abilities were much better used to look for her then anybody else. Aya is still on a mission regarding some unusual mana beasts that are coming from the beast glades. The sightings of mana beasts leaving their usual areas and dungeons have increased significantly lately, so I sent her to find out what was the cause of this.

"Call her back too, were visiting the Glayders"

A short fuze, as I said.

"Are you sure that this is the right step right now?" I asked him. He may be a king now, but I was still his father. At my question he stopped in his walk.

"Yes I am." He said, after rethinking for a second. "We will leave tomorrow, get them both here by now."

Arthur Leywin POV

I was awoken by the sun rays shining at me. The sun was starting to rise above the forest. The still orange sky contrasted beautifully with the green forest and the fields of mist surrounding it.

I stretched my limbs, one at a time. I carefully tried to get up. Considering everything my body had been through the last 24 hours, I was surprised, when I didn't feel any pain or restrictions. I went to the window, only to discover that it wasn't made out of glass. No, instead it was a wind barrier that shielded one from the temperature and the weather outside. I extended my arm and it went right through it. I felt the cold air on the other side and a steady stream of air passing my hand. I looked down to see that I was dozens of meters above the ground. Curious what would happen, I decided to take a step through the wind barrier. An earth spell formed a balcony in front of my 'window'. I was surprised. To use such spells in an automated way as part of architecture. This place really was something different. I stepped through the spell and I noticed that the cold air and the wind didn't really affect me. I could feel it, and knew it was cold, but I wasn't cold. Did this happen because of my infused body? Or because of my Vritra blood? Probably because of both.

I enjoyed the morning sun for a second before starting to cast a simple augmentation. I noticed that it was much easier and cost me much less mana than before.

"Since your core is more refined the mana it outputs is more efficient. So for the same effect you have to use less mana. Additionally your mana channels are better now, so you lose less mana on the way it travels. There will always be a natural resistance, but at some point it doesn't matter. Who cares if 99.8 or 99.9 percent of your mana gets where it's supposed to." A voice from my right explained.

I turned my head to see a woman floating in the air. She wore black clothes, and her pearl white hair complemented her pale skin. She had long and slender horns that sprouted from her forehead and went up. Her piercing black eyes were directed at me.

"So you are Agronas newest discovery. I must admit, he really has a hand for interesting people. That was quite a show you put on yesterday. I have never seen him panicked before, you must know."