Liar? ⊗ MH

A03 Request: Angst/fluff where Brian finding out about Tim's medical history and they get in a fight about it and Masky comes out

Filming was almost at a complete halt for Alex's film. Brian wasn't sure what the hold up was but maybe it would mean Alex would stop being such an asshole. As a result of the pause in filming, most of the cast had stopped hanging out as much... including him and Tim. It left him feeling lonely but Tim hadn't felt well and distanced himself despite Brian's attempts to help with what he could. Even after Tim had started feeling better the man gradually went radio silent on him.

So when he'd gotten a knock at his door it came as a surprise. Brian opened it, expecting to see Alex or another crew member on his doorstep. Instead, he found a file sat on the small porch step. His eyes scanned the road and houses before him in search of the person who had left the strange items. Finding no one, he hesitantly took the file and went inside after locking the door behind him.

"Let's hope this is a prank and not someone stalking me." Brian eyed the door for a moment longer before heading back to his living room. Hadn't Alex made a comment that he thought someone had been following them? He'd have to be careful.

The man flipped through the file. His eyes immediately landed on a familiar name: Timothy Wright. A mix of feelings churned in his mind. Brian was confused about why someone had handed him confidential medical files but as he kept reading a feeling of anger and betrayal began to rise in him. The negative emotions had nothing to do with most of Tim's health issues—in fact there were some here he'd already been aware of—but other notes within the file played with his paranoia.

"Alex said something about Tim causing that guy to follow him..." Brian hadn't believed the amateur director in the slightest, as he'd genuinely sounded crazy. The two hadn't gotten along well the further into filming they'd gotten, though Alex wasn't easy for anyone to get along with at that point.

Some pictures slid out of the papers. He looked at the photos, noting how recently it had to have been taken. A sick feeling rose in his stomach as he looked at them. One showed a tall guy in a suit partly hidden in the background located near what looked like a hospital. Another one showed Tim staring at it as he held something white in his hand. Given the picture was taken at a distance, Brian couldn't tell what it was.

"Did Alex take these? Was... was he right?" He didn't want to believe Tim had anything to do with the creepy things Alex had ranted about. "Maybe I can call Tim, hear it from him... I'm sure this isn't what it seems..."

At least he hoped not. Brian grabbed his phone, determined to sort this out even if he had to force Tim to meet with him.

That evening he was waiting on Tim's porch, waiting for the man to get home from work. Tightly gripped in his hand he held the file he'd been mysteriously given earlier. The moment Tim's car door shut Brian was approaching, holding up the evidence against the man he'd thought had been his best friend.

"Care to enlighten me about something?"

Confusion crossed the shorter man's face even as his gaze locked onto the file. "What's all this about? Did something happen?"

"How much of what you've told me is a lie, Tim?" Brian stared at his back as Tim walked past him to the front door.

Now as Tim looked back at him there was a look of concern. "Brian, is something wrong? You're acting weird."

"Answer the question."

He knew he was starting to sound like Alex with the strange questions and demand for answers. But the paranoia he'd never realized he'd had before was in full swing now that it'd been given a push.