Forgive Me ⊗ MH

A modified alt. scene to my Into the Ark comic based on the option that didn't win the vote

Following Jay and Tim was all too easy. Even after they'd become more cautious about giving away their location Hoody had still managed to track them down with ease... and he wasn't the only one. Jay really needed to be more careful. He could only delay and distract Alex so long before something bad happened.

"It could've gone really bad last time." He thought about Jay's last entries where he'd not only grabbed some stranger in a mask off the side of the road, but also led Alex straight to the hotel he'd been staying at.

Hoody considered it lucky Alex was focused on that new girl, Ash, than Jay himself and that Tim had shown up and caught Alex off guard, injuring the crazed man before the trio escaped. The hooded man still didn't have a good feeling though. Even with Alex laying low to recover somewhere, he didn't trust the newest person they'd taken in.

"They aren't anyone we knew at college. Someone else involved... They're a threat." Even if it wasn't them directly he got a bad feeling from them and they seemed to be aware of it themselves given they weren't exactly trying to get too friendly. "Good thing too."

Crouching in the bushes outside the motel though, he began to wonder if it would be too late to prevent Jay from getting tangled up in a worse mess. The slamming of a car door made Hoody flinch, the sound was loud in the quiet morning. He ducked down further as the man walked down the sidewalk in a gray jacket with a neon green stripe down the arms and bottom. His face was covered by a black bandana with an identical shade of green around the edge of it. But it was the box he was carrying that caught his attention more than anything. It wouldn't have been interesting except for the fact it was dripping a dark red liquid, the bottom soaked through with the blood as well and getting on the man's clothes and hands... Fresh.

He forced himself to stay still as the stranger picked the motel room lock and entered the room Tim and Ash occupied. For a moment, he contemplated going in after this intruder but forced himself to stay put. He was unarmed and it was unlikely he'd be seen as help in Tim's eyes.

"So long as Jay is safe..." Brian's boyfriend, well his boyfriend, was oblivious to the danger and who he'd become after the sickness began eating away at him. "It's for the best... I can't let him see me like this. It's easier to help him while keeping him safe if he doesn't know."

A commotion erupted from the room. Hoody tensed up as the man ran out followed by Ash. Tim's shout for Jay to wake up was soon followed by the man making his appearance and turning to follow after the other two. Hoody stood, wanting to follow from a distance in order to assess just how dangerous that man in the gray jacket was.

"Hey!" Jay's voice made his focus whip back to the motel doors.

He took a step back, already seeing Jay ignore the other situation and barreling toward him with a determined look on his face. There weren't many hiding places in this small divide between the motel and the field behind him but he had to try getting away. In his rush, he didn't notice his phone slip out of his pocket and onto the dirt until it was too late.

The footsteps chasing him had fallen silent. Hoody risked looking over his shoulder to find Jay standing with his phone in hand. A jolt of panic seeped into him. Jay wouldn't be able to get into his phone without the password but there was enough evidence of his identity on the lock screen...

"Bri?" The scrawny man's voice cracked in a mixture of pain, disbelief, and shock.

Hoody was just as frozen as his boyfriend seemed to be. The pair stared at each other. A pang of guilt went through him at the hurt expression on Jay's face.

"Brian... is that you?"

Jay cautiously began closing in, lowering the phone to reveal the photo of Jay on the lock screen background—a cropped photo that originally had him in it as well. It had been taken before everything had gone downhill. Before the cyphers and riddles plagued his mind whenever that creature showed up and fucked his head up even more. It was all he could do to hold onto this sliver of his old self. The one where he was happy and had Jay in his arms... he could only hope they could have that again some day.

But that wouldn't happen soon. Hoody needed that phone back and had to drive Jay away until it was safe. If Alex figured out who he was and how he still loved Jay, then their old director might use Jay to get to him—to hurt him even more before killing the both of them.

Against his desire to embrace Jay, Hoody charged him and slammed the light-weight man to the ground beneath him. It felt like electricity going through him at the contact after so long without any despite the fact it was through layers of clothes and certainly wasn't meant to be intimate. He grabbed the phone back but hesitated to flee once more. For a lingering few seconds, Hoody allowed himself to indulge in his need for proximity to his boyfriend. The two stared, bodies pressed close enough that he could've leaned down ever so slightly and kissed him.

"I can't... I'm sorry... I'm so sorry... Jay. Please forgive me." One day, if they survived this, he'd make sure Jay understood why he did this. Why he was hurting and tormenting his boyfriend with those Totheark videos and seemingly toying with him.

But not today.

Hoody raised a figure to his lips in a motion for Jay to keep quiet—both to avoid alerting Tim to his presence and in hopes Jay understood he couldn't tell anyone about who he was. At least the man had been so confused by the morning's chaos that he'd left the camera in the room. This revelation of his identity to Jay wouldn't have any evidence left behind for him to bury.

"Wait." Jay panicked as Hoody jumped back to his feet.

Beneath the mask, a heartbroken expression crossed his face. Gritting his teeth, he ran off again into the field. He'd be back when things calmed down. While he knew Tim could serve as a protector against threats, he'd always be lurking ready to step in if necessary. Together, whether the other two realized it or not, the three of them would stop Alex and find a way to end this.