Nine

❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁

It seemed as if the surrounding sounds were muted, the muffled voices of life heard in his ears.  The world was covered in pretty sparkles.  Spots were fading in and out of blurred scenery whizzing past.  A sharp stab into his ankle brought him back to reality.  Taehyung felt his vision blacking in and out from the pain.  He ankle felt like it was on fire, he wasn't even sure if it was connected to his body anymore. 

"Those fucking assholes, I knew something was wrong with them."  He heard what he assumed was Seojoon next to him.

"Taehyung, look at me."  Bogum spoke from his other side, forcing his face towards him. "Can you speak to me?"

Taehyung unfocused eyes landed on Bogum, trying to get a hold of himself. "Y-yeah I... fuck." He forced out, knees buckling as a lone tear falling from his eye.  

"Shit." Seojoon voiced out worriedly, immediately moving to hold him up better. They finally made it to the infirmary, the nurse looking up in surprise.  Taehyung felt his body hit the comfortable bed, instantly turning his body to the side and groaning deeply in pain.  

"Move over boys." The nurse said, rushing over to Taehyung to adjust him better on the bed, elevating his foot to get a better look at it.  It was already swollen and in the process of turning purple and blue. "I'm sorry in advance hon, but I have to check your ankle." 

It was her final warning before she began moving his ankle around, making Taehyung cry out in pain. His bit his bottom lip harshly, tasting iron on his tongue to stop himself from screaming at the top of his lungs. He felt tears burning his eyes but he refused to let them fall. 

"I'm sorry hon, but it's fractured.  I can give him some pain medication for now but we need to get him to a real hospital." She spoke gravely, wrapping his ankle up tightly and calling an ambulance.  She handed him some pain meds with a glass of water and he downed them immediately, collapsing back into the bed with a heavy thud.

"Shit Tae." Bogum whispered, pulling at his hair in frustration.  He collapsed onto the seat near Taehyung's bed as he drowned himself in his thoughts. Seojoon balled his fists in anger, glancing at Taehyung one last time before sprinting to go inform their coach.

 Taehyung couldn't even react. He suddenly felt exhausted, not even having the energy to groan in pain anymore. He just stared at the ceiling, trying to figure out how the hell he even got here.

So his basketball career was pretty much over at the moment, right? What's he gonna do to take his mind off of his intrusive thoughts, now?

Not to mention, if he can't walk normally how is he going to keep affording food for himself?

Would he need someone to come take care of him?

As he was lost in his thoughts the door suddenly burst open.  He thought it was Seojoon coming back, barely finding the energy to turn his head to look at the person stuck in the doorway.  His eyes widened, all pain and suffering forgotten at the moment because someone he never expected was standing there.  Really standing there.

And their face was filled with worry... worry for him.

Jungkook slowly moved away from the door, taking hesitant steps towards Taehyung's bed. His mind was running a mile a minute as he stopped right next to the bed, fingertips lightly grazing the sheets. He let his eyes run over Taehyung's figure, checking for anymore injuries before they finally landed on his swollen purple ankle. He felt a pang in his chest, forcing his eyes away from his injured ankle and back up to Taehyung's face, who's eyes were wide in what looked to be amazement.  The man was slightly sweaty, eyes bloodshot from the pain but he was still so unfairly handsome.  Jungkook had to give him that, Taehyung had to be one of the most beautiful people he's ever laid his eyes on.