Eighteen

❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁

All it took was 2 horror movies and a few screams from Taehyung to ease the atmosphere between the boys a bit. They were still on the couch, legs spread out in front of them though now they were sitting pretty close, because Taehyung was scared. Of course, that's why.

"If we watch any more of these, I might seriously need to change my pants." Taehyung stumbled out, eyes still holding fear as he not-so-subtly glanced around his house.

"Damn, so that's what that smell was?" Jungkook fake gagged, laughing heartily as the older pushed his shoulder.

"Asshole."

"What else is new?"

Taehyung shook his head. Spending time with Jungkook has been so much more relaxing and comfortable than he ever dreamed it would be. He was beginning to learn that Jungkook was actually pretty sweet, he was just subtle about it. Whenever he would flinch, the younger would give a small glance over to make sure he was okay. If he jumped too hard, the younger would put him arm behind on the couch so he could feel his warmth. So he could understand that in that moment, he was not alone.

The realization of it made Taehyung's heart do a thing.

"Guess it's about time I leave." Jungkook yawned out, glancing down at the time on his phone. "Will you be okay?"

And Taehyung wanted to tell him not to leave. To never leave and no he wouldn't be okay. That his company tonight had been one of the best nights of his life. That he'd be stuck in this depressing, scary house by himself again.

But of course he didn't.

"Of course, I'll be fine. It's me we're talking about." He instead forced out cockily, pulling his familiar shit-eating grin out of his ass once again. Only this time, he underestimated Jungkook's observation skills.

The younger's doe eyes narrowed on him, tongue poking into his cheek involuntarily. "I don't like liars, Taehyung."

Taehyung's eyes widened. No one's ever seen through him so well and if they did, they damn sure didn't have the balls to call him out on it. He lowered his head in shame, picking at his pants with his chewed finger nails. He heard Jungkook sigh deeply next to him but he didn't dare raise his head to look at the younger.

Suddenly two gentle fingers were placed under his chin, tenderly lifting his head up to face the younger. He was met with Jungkook's gorgeous brown round eyes, looking at him with so much tenderness that he though he would break right then and there.

Jungkook gave him a small smile as his eyes raked over the older's figure. "I don't want to force you to tell me anything you're not ready for Taehyung. But at the very least, I need you to be honest with me when you're not okay. If you want me to stay, you can just ask. I'm not going to hurt you or judge you for needing me."

Taehyung nodded slowly as he bit his lip, feeling so vulnerable and exposed like putty in Jungkook's hands right now. The younger offered him a bigger smile at that, running his thumb over Taehyung's bottom lip and pulling gently, as a silent gesture to make him stop biting it.

"Don't bite your lip like that again, they're too pretty to be ruined."

And that was it, his 13th reason. The last shred of his sanity was ruined and Jungkook was to blame. "Jungkook... if you don't let me go right now, I might do something you won't like."

But the blonde was still giving him that look. Thumb now caressing over his chin before slowly moving back to his lip. "What makes you think I don't have to power to stop you, hm?" Jungkook's eyes were glued to the older's lips, head moving closer with each word.