Fourteen

❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁

They walked, and hobbled, to the parking lot with Jungkook holding doors open for Taehyung along the way, the elder smiling shyly every time. Haruka had given Jungkook the keys earlier after he'd unwillingly told her about him staying to watch the basketball practice. She gave him so much shit for it, teasing him endlessly and barely letting him off the hook. He'd definitely be interrogated when he got home.

They finally reached the sleek grey sedan, Jungkook running in front of Taehyung to open the passenger door. Taehyung carefully got into the car, the younger making sure he was in good before he closed the door and threw the crutches in the back. Taehyung was feeling so shy as he watched Jungkook get in the driver's seat.  His newfound shyness reached tenfold as he watching Jungkook roll up his sleeves, veins prominent as he gripped the steering wheel and pulled out of the parking lot. Taehyung wanted to roll his window down to get some air but he thought that'd be too fucking obvious for his deteriorating will.

"So, do you have someone cooking for you at home or should we go to McDonald's?"

"McDonald's for sure, no debate." Taehyung quickly nodded.

Jungkook chuckled, shaking his head as he drove down the street, a bit more safely than he usually would. "You sure agreed quick for an athlete."

"Hey, I'm on a break right now." Taehyung crossed his arms in front of his chest, giving the younger side eye. Jungkook smirked, putting on his lofi playlist and turning up the volume.  

As the music enveloped him, Taehyung finally relaxed back into his seat.  He propped his arm on the window as he admired the beautiful pinks and oranges of the sky, thinking about the shapes of the clouds. They took a break from conversation, letting a comfortable silence fill the space between them. If you'd asked them a few weeks ago if they could stand to be alone in a car together, you'd have received laughter and serious side eye. 

They pulled up to McDonald's; ordering large fries, burgers and shakes before Jungkook pulled into an empty parking space so they could eat together.

"So..." Taehyung started, mouth full of fries as he tried to cut the silence.

"Yes...?"  

"How could you not like pickles?" 

Jungkook paused mid bite of his burger, feeling like he was about to be attacked. "What's it to you?"

Taehyung smacked his lips, narrowing his eyes at Jungkook. "They're just so good! Are you broken or something?"

"The only one 'broken' here is you for judging me that I don't like pickles. You don't see me judging your weird ass for dipping those fries into your shake." Jungkook clapped back, popping a fry into his mouth like he didn't just read the older to filth. 

He'd almost forgot what a sharp tongue Jungkook had. The younger was like a whip, if you poke at him he'd crack back harder than a virgin at a nude beach.

The thought brought a smile to Taehyung's face.

"Okay, you're crazy because dipping your fries into your shake is so fucking good." Taehyung rolled his eyes but continued talking before Jungkook could have the chance to clap back at him. "But tell me about yourself, Kook."

Jungkook ignored the nickname and instead chose to give a quick stank face at the elder's first comment, fixing his face before he answered him. "What do you wanna know?"

"I don't know... everything and nothing. Important stuff, not so important stuff. I just wanna know you." Taehyung admitted, nervously glancing away from the younger.  It was now nighttime, the previous pinks and purples now swapped for dark skies and pretty stars. He had a fleeting thought that the night sky suited Jungkook much better. He could picture the younger sitting in dewy, green grass under the moonlight, headphones sitting atop his head as he bathed in the gorgeous glow.