Seventeen

❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁

The pair looked at each other, eyes saying more than their prides ever could allow. It was awkward, truly.  Quite unfamiliar territory for both of them and neither really knew what to do.

"So... should we sit and eat?" Taehyung broke the silence, gesturing for Jungkook to take a seat next to him. The younger obliged, instead opting to sit across from Taehyung. He couldn't be close to the older right now for obvious, or maybe not so obvious, reasons.

He just didn't quite trust himself around Taehyung today, blame it on the way the elder opened the door with his stupid headband looking so stupidly handsome.

Now, what the fuck were they supposed to talk about?

Taehyung definitely had a few questions but he wasn't sure if he could or should bring them up. Last he checked, Jungkook was pissed at him but now here he is, with food as a peace offering? He was used to being on the bad side of Jungkook, sure, but the younger going out of his way to make up with him? Now this, this was new.

And internally, he was having a fucking field day.

He watched the younger inhale his food with a fond look on his face. Jungkook's eyebrows were furrowed cutely in the way they always did when food tasted exceptionally good to him. It was honestly the cutest thing he'd ever seen. He didn't even realize he'd stopped eating until the younger looked up, meeting his eyes with a startled look. "Is it not good?" Jungkook asked, a small pout on his face as his mouth was full of food.

Taehyung shook his head, dipping his taco in consumé before taking a huge bite. "It's better than good! Thank you again for bringing me food." He swallowed, flashing Jungkook a dazzling smile who almost shielded his eyes to not be blinded by it.

Jungkook inwardly rolled his eyes. Taehyung had no business being this handsome. It was starting to annoy the blonde. So instead, he directed his feelings to cleaning up the food they finally finished, hearing a passing comment from Taehyung with a feeble, "you didn't have to do that". In which, Jungkook waved him off in response because the elder had no idea how badly he needed to do anything else at that moment. He threw the boxes in the garbage and placed their utensils in the sink, looking around for a sponge yet tilting his head in question when he didn't find one.

Jungkook looked around, eyes growing wider as he took in his surroundings. The inside of Taehyung's house looked just as bare as the outside. The decorations were very scarce and he barely owned the bare essentials. He could feel his frown deepen with each area he subtly glanced at, his heart growing heavy at the emptiness of it all. The walls were concrete grey, a black loveseat was seated before a nicely sized tv, a lonely grey chair placed next to it in the living room. There was a fake plant in the far corner of the room, barely adding to the space. The kitchen was baron, following the greyscale theme. There were no family photos hanging on the walls, no pops of color to bring life to the house, it was hard to believe someone lived like this.

He wanted to ask, wanted to shout at Taehyung and demand answers for why he was living like this. Where were his parents? Does he have any siblings? If the basketball team knows he lives like this, why haven't they done anything about it? Jungkook's mind was moving a mile a minute but his mouth was growing drier by the second, not knowing how Taehyung would react to such questions with their very fragile relationship. So against his better judgement, he simply found himself asking. "Do you.. have a sponge?"

Which came out surprisingly stable.

"I, uh, don't really know how to cook so I don't do dishes a lot." Taehyung coughed out sheepishly, scratching the back of his head. He was embarrassed really, Jungkook probably thought he was a dirty bum who didn't know how to do simple house chores now.