ʖᒷ ᓵᔑ∷ᒷ⎓⚍ꖎ 2.2

///tw: none///

Stepping through the large doorway, you raised your eyebrows at all of the glamor in the room.

It was massive, even taller than the hallways that led you to your room. Two of the walls had huge windows, arching from the floor to the ceiling, covered in elegant golden designs. Some french doors in between windows were open, leading out onto a balcony overseeing the city in the dying light. Pillars were on another side, built in the Corinthian style, some of the leaves laid with gold. A shining chandelier was in the center of the room, two smaller ones flanking it to provide light for the whole room.

The color pallet was of creamy quartz, flashy gold, and rich dark oak wood. The entire room screamed of riches, and while you knew the intent was to impress, it made you rather upset. All of the money put into this room could be used for a thousand other things.

Stepping up to the banister, you looked over the stone rail that separated you from a fifteen foot drop.

Dozens of high-status people were scattered around the room. Some were chatting with their acquaintances, most were drinking or eating some of the food that the palace had provided, and the last few were out on the balconies, enjoying the fresh air and the view.

Naturally, you also spotted some guards around the room and some servants hustling around with trays of finger foods for guests, or waiting for someone to ask them something. Minx was among one of the twenty-some servants against the wall, looking as casual as ever with her shoulder resting on a pillar. She smirked and sent you a small wave when she caught your gaze.

Techno came up to your side, looking over as well. He made a displeased sound.

"I feel like my eyes are bleeding," he commented, referring to the light shining off the large amounts of gold. You looked at him and laughed when you saw his nose scrunched up in distaste. He met your eyes, and his mouth nearly twitched into a smile.

He tipped his head at the stairs, holding out his arm as he asked you silently to come with him into the room of spoiled nobles. You rolled your eyes, looping your arm through his.

"You would be fine on your own, you know," you mused as he shook his head at the Royal Crier, the two of you walking down the stairs.

"I'd be more comfortable spending twenty-four hours in Tommy's room. This is repulsive." He shuddered. You chuckled in response, looking around once more as you attempted to see any familiar faces.

You'd already spotted Minx - actually, she seemed to have just left - but you were kind of hoping to see Eret again. He was never able to see the full outfit, and you knew he would be ecstatic.

"Who are you looking for?" You hummed in response, not looking at Techno's curious face. "That's not an answer."

"Alright then, I'm looking for Eret." He grimaced.

"How was Wilbur's interaction with him?" he asked. Although you knew it was somewhat rhetorical, you answered anyway.

"Child-like." He laughed loudly, attracting the attention of some guests.

"I've yet to hear someone describe him like that, but oh my gods, you're right," he said, still chuckling.

You reached the bottom of the stairs, and the room seemed even bigger, now that you were on the dancefloor. It was weird, and you wondered what would happen if everyone revolted at that moment. The urge to grab that guy's walking stick and break a window with it was very strong.

Let's just say that your anarchism was screaming for attention.

"Oh my gods, you look fantastic!" You turned your head and saw Eret smiling brightly at you, wine glass in hand. You returned his compliment swiftly as you let go of Technoblade, admiring his elegant dark red dress. The back of their dress dragged behind them lightly, his pearl necklace shifting slightly as they walked up to you.