ʖᒷ ᓵᔑ∷ᒷ⎓⚍ꖎ 2.5

///tw: swearing, false suicide///

Sleeping was strange.

So were dreams.

For some reason, sleep was rarely needed. Of course, you could, but then your dreams would usually explode into chaos or just be straight up weird.

You often wondered if they were supposed to feel this real, or if they were supposed to be less detailed, but you never asked anyone about them. You just enjoyed them.

You sat crisscrossed on a white fluffy carpet in a room that you've never seen before. A green wall with redstonebulbs hanging across the top was one side, and four shelves on two walls were filled with books. A bookshelf was in one corner with even more books, and the shelf below it had a bunch of miscellaneous items.

The two guitars that were on opposite ends of the room were pretty. You preferred the black one. The room was still, no breeze, no movement, no sound. Just peace.

You closed your eyes, enjoying the sereneness that you rarely experienced. Of course, it was ruined.

Your wings fluttered when a door slammed open. A person walked in, head bopping with a strange bulky headband covering their ears.

They completely ignored you, going to sit at a desk with a large black cube on top. You raised an eyebrow. The person quickly pulled the headband off and put it around their neck, popping their lips as the cube lit up.

You didn't have much more time to observe before the floor was swiped out from under you. You let out a loud yelp as you fell.

Almost instantly, you hit a new surface, and along with a sense of uncomfortableness. You groaned, rubbing the back of your head as you sat up, eyes pinched shut.

"What the hell," you mumbled, squinting your eyes at your surroundings.

Creamy quartz floors with intricate designs had veins of gold running through it randomly. Tall, half broken pillars and arches surrounded parts of the main area, these having faint glowing gold highlights peaking out from cracks. The skies above were gorgeous and big puffy clouds decorated the wide expanse.

You stood, spinning around. This place felt real. Well, all of the places you dreamt about felt real but this one was different. Almost like...

"Are you okay? I do hope I didn't injure you when I brought you here." Your posture stiffened at the familiar voice.

Shit.

"Nahhhh, man, I don't want to be dreaming about a creepy ass god," you said, walking away from XD's voice without looking back.

"This isn't a dream," he said as he teleported next to you. You wrinkled your nose at him, pretending that your heart didn't stop beating for a hot second from the sudden materialization, then realized his appearance was different from the first time you'd seen him. He was wearing elegant pastel green and blue robes that was trimmed in faint gold. His eyes were normal moss green, not his ethereal gold and white you had first seen. The black ink-like image that had once covered half of his face was gone, now just clean tan skin dotted with silver freckles.

XD contemplated for a moment, then added, "Well, it is a dream, but I am real."

You raise an eyebrow and placed a hand on your hip. "Suuuuurrrrreee," you drone. "Weirdo God coming to talk to me through my dreams, totally realistic." You waved a hand around the fantastical area. You'd thought up places similar to this before; who's to say it wasn't another dream?