ʖᒷ ᓵᔑ∷ᒷ⎓⚍ꖎ 2.3

///tw: swearing, prolonged eye contact ig///

His foot tapped silently. Events like this were few and far in-between but always managed to make him a little stressed. That was his job.

There were times he wished he hadn't joined the Royal Guard. The rules were strict when you were first accepted, and how he had managed to become friends with the Emperor remained a mystery to him. Must have been the gods' will.

Dream's eyes flashed over to the frowning Head of Guard. The urge to tease his lifelong friend was tempting, but he could tell from how he kept his hand near his sword and his back painfully straight that it wouldn't be the best idea. Not that a fight would end in him losing; he simply didn't want to cause a scene for Sapnap.

However, where he wouldn't go, the Emperor had no problem venturing.

"Gogy, if you're going to be so miserable about them being here, maybe you need a couple drinks."

George flatly side eyed the espresso haired man. "It's not my fault that I hate one of their party members." 

Dream rolled his eyes. "You need to learn to suck it up and play nice." The bodyguard scanned the room, gaze landing on the person George was speaking of. They were dancing with the Crown Prince, looking about as miserable as a fish out of water. "We don't want to give King Phil a reason to cut his visit short."

"And why not?" George scowled. "We're winning the war, and benefiting from it immensely."

"How many times do we have to tell you? We don't want war." Karl shook his head. It was a topic he and his husband had talked about often. Just because his father had started it didn't mean he wanted it to continue.

"Then how do you want me to play nice, hm?"

Sapnap grinned. "Ask them to dance."

Almost instantly, the pixie shook his head, repulsed by the idea of touching them.

Dream admitted he found the image amusing. Granted, George would probably trip them on purpose, but he could picture the dragonfly winged person easily returning the favor after George's description of them.

The Emperor bumped his friend's shoulder with his own. "You better go dance with them, or I'll make it an order." George's eye twitched; it was his tell of relenting.

The green eyed soldier glanced over at y/n just in time to catch them dipping Prince William. He raised an eyebrow. His eagle-eyed gaze caught how the prince stiffened in their grip, how he was desperately struggling to find words and failing, how he was most definitely enjoying it.

Curious.

──═━┈━═──

You glanced at the blond next to you.

"Whatcha looking at?" He jumped, and immediately started rambling about how he wasn't looking at anything, why would he be, can't he just zone out, but you'd already looked in the direction you had caught him staring and smirked. "She's really pretty," you commented.

"Yeah-"

"HA." You nudged his shoulder in her direction. "Go talk to her then." He glared at you, digging his feet into the ground when you pushed him again.

"I will do what I fuckin' want when I fuckin' want to."

"Language."

"So what? The Emperor hasn't spoken to me yet-"