Pose For Me

WOW

Check out the author: 

What an interesting and often fascinating first review. I really enjoyed it, though it may not be for everyone. Raunchy, intense, and heart-pounding - this book will have you in its clutches and won't let go! There are some beautiful descriptions, an interesting storyline, and a devilishly handsome Russian man that makes men and women alike fawn. 

The main dynamic in the book is at first Analisa and her bitch of a husband Justin, then broadens to include the main love interest Rafael. Personally I do not use Aesthetics in my books, but in my humble opinion I love the aesthetics of this book. Almost Noir-ish, and clearly inspired, It feels exactly as dangerous and imposing as it needs to. And trust me, it does not lose out on the sexy mystery and tension of other novels either.

I will say it loses like .2 points because Justin doesn't get an aesthetics even though hes a critical part of the story. But I didn't mind since I hate him.

AESTHETICS: 9.8/10

Onto the plot. The author uses a blend of tragedy, religion, and exploration of sexuality to create an inner battle for Analisa. It's a very interesting dynamic and is certainly my favorite aspect of the story. You can tell that she's the most flushed out character. One gripe I have is that Rafael is a bit underselled. I was interested in his progression, and his characterization, but what I read only scratched the surface and right now only seems to serve as an object for Analisa's desires to grab hold of. 

That's another thing too, Analisa doesn't meet the real Rafael. She tackles her own fantasies and ends up needing Rafael and his sex-addiction more than anybody - which goes against the entire purpose of her even meeting him (hilarious).

Overall, the plot does not have a direction outside of the main two characters. And even then, Analisa is really the one who moves the plot forwards. Justin seems to be the main obstacle as of right now - which is fine - but for the purposes of this review leaves a bit to be desired. 

Finally, the characterization of Justin. DAMN i hate that man. Never have I wanted to kill somebody from like day one, so that was good to see.

Loses points for some sections where the story becomes unclear, or something doesn't come across easily to the reader, and the fact that one of the main characters has gotten way more attention than the other. THIS WOULDN'T BE AN ISSUE if I had more material and it fleshed out my Popov boi more. Also His brother was a weird story line that I just couldn't follow for the life of me.

PLOT: 7.8/10

Finally, the place where I think this author struggled the most. Punctuation and flow to their story was off at times. Nobody is perfect at this, but sometimes sentences really stuck out as rough and made some descriptions sound very, very weird. Enough said about this, as it's boring to talk about and a minor but tough thing to fix. 

GRAMMAR: 6.5/10

Here's the overall score for the book:

Personal enjoyment: 9/10

Professionalism: 7/10

TOTAL SCORE: 7.8/10

The grammar and story deficiencies hold this book back from being an instant classic to a fun romp that will captivate even the stingiest of romance readers. Maybe in the future I'll revisit the book and see how this has helped, and if it improves.

So, @MsJosephwrites26, How would you rate your review? Please check out Winged if you're so kind, as doing these reviews take a lot of undivided time and attention. 

This is Ifweallfell, signing off.

Onto the next one! :)>