3. Vampires

I followed the path into the direction where I thought I was coming from.
I didn't know why, but I sensed danger in that man.
My feet hurt, but my instincts have never been wrong, so I kept running.
The moon gave me a bit light but it was still almost pitched black.
But then, out of nowhere, i stumbled over a root and fell to the ground.
I wanted to get up, but as soon as I did, I fell back on the ground.
"Fuck!"
My left foot hurt and I couldn't walk.
I turned around and saw that guy, slowly walking towards me.

'Wait, if he's been walking at that speed the whole time, how did he catch up with me? Is he Michael Myers or what?' I thought.
When he reached me, he came down to me and looked into my eyes.

H

e grinned and brushed some hair out of my face.
"From which country are you?" He continued asking and I was getting very uncomfortable.
"G-germany."
I stuttered as he removed the hair that covered my neck.
"I've never had foreign blood before.."
"W-what??"
He then grabbed my arms and pulled me to him.
I wanted to do something but I couldn't. My body was frozen and he slowly approached my neck.
When he almost reached my neck, he was kicked away from somebody.
I turned around to see who did that and saw the scholar.
He quickly picked me up and started running at inhuman speed.

I looked behind us and saw the guy, also running in that speed.
"What is going on here?" I asked the scholar but he didn't answer my question.
He just looked down at me and said "Hold onto me!"
"Why?"
"Just do it already!"
I did as he said and wrapped my arms around his neck.
Then, he suddenly made a high jump and landed in the middle of the forest.
'Ah, he's going into the forest to get rid of that guy, smart!' I thought as he ran through the forest with me.
I could hear steps behind us and he began to run faster.

After few minutes of running, we finally arrived at the village again.
He went into the Hanok with me and dropped me onto the mattress.
"Why are you so stupid and go into the forest at night, alone?!"
I looked down and thought about it. He was right, that was really stupid of me, I should've just stayed here.
"I'm sorry..." I said quietly.
"But you have to explain something too! What was that in the forest? What was that guy and what are you? I want an answer, now!"
"Well, I guess I can tell you but then you have to tell me where you came from!"
I thought for a moment but then nodded.

"Oh, I want to know too!"
I looked to the door and saw Yang-sun standing in the frame.
She came in and sat next to us before she started talking again.
"Soooo, I'm listening. Tell us everything!"
Scholar rolled his eyes at her and I took a deep breath and then started explaining everything. From the accident at the waterfall and the time travel, till now. But I left the detail with that guy out. I just told her, I tripped and hurt my foot.
After my explanation they looked at me with shocked faces.
"You're joking, aren't you?" Scholar asked and I shook my head.
I then pulled out my phone and showed it to them, their reactions were so funny.

"Yang-sun, could you please go out for a moment, I have to talk about something with that guy!"
She nodded.
After she left I turned around to face him.
"So, now give me an explanation!"
He sighed and started explaining.
"The guy you saw in the forest, was Gwi. He is a very powerful vampire whose goal is to get immortal. He got a sign that soon a woman will arrive and if he'll mix her blood and vampire blood, he have to drink it under the light of the full moon. Then he'll get immortal. And maybe you've recognized, that I'm a vampire as well."
"But aren't vampires already immortal?"
I asked him, acting like I wasn't shocked at all.
"No, not really. They can still get killed by the sunlight and one special knife."
"And why did he want to drink my blood earlier?"
"Is that a serious question? He's a vampire! He was probably just thirsty."
He took my shoulders and pressed me onto the mattress.
"Now sleep, you'll need it!"
He said before he stood up and left the room.

I was in fact very tired, so I closed my eyes and immediately fell asleep.