13. Feelings?

I turned around and was shocked. Gwi was standing there a few meters away and grinned at me.
"Don't you think you ran away from me long enough?" He came towards me, and I went backward.
"I will run away from you as long as it takes to get rid of you!"
He let out a dark chuckle.
"Getting rid of me? How are you planning to do that?"
Of course, I couldn't tell him about the cure, so I changed the topic.
"How did you even find me?" I asked and straightened my body to look more confident.
"Remember the man you bumped in yesterday? He was a servant of mine and told me about your whereabouts. And now, I'll take you with me. "
"Oh yeah? Then try to catch me!"
I turned around to run into the house again, but suddenly Gwi stood in front of the door.
"So you want to play tag? Fine with me."
He reached his arm out to catch me, but I quickly turned and ran more into the village.
I ran through various back alleys, hoping that he'll lose me.
When I ran through a very dark alley, I quickly hid behind a barrel.
'Shit, I forgot to wear the scent removing bracelet!' I remembered and looked around.
I saw Gwi entering the alley, so I quickly made a hole into the barrel.
It was filled with an oil like substance, and I did something of it on my arms and clothes to cover my scent.
He walked through the alley, and I went further behind the barrel.
I could see him passing the barrel, but at the end of the alley, he suddenly stopped and turned around.
I crawled more behind the barrel and started sweating like hell.
My breath became stronger, and I thought about what would happen now.
I went so much behind that barrel that I couldn't see him anymore, but I heard footsteps coming closer and closer. I quickly covered my mouth with my hands because my breathing was getting very heavy.

After a moment of complete silence, the footsteps got quieter again.
I slowly went out of my hiding place and couldn't see Gwi anymore. I let out a relieved sound and slowly walked back to the house.
I carefully went around a few corners and always stayed near the wall, so he couldn't see me that easily.
'The house!' I thought to myself when I could recognize the house in the distance.
The bad thing was, I had to cross the street. It was very risky, so I looked around to see if I could see Gwi somewhere.
I took my chance and started running, but I didn't know that I've stepped in the oil.
I ran, and when I almost reached the house, I suddenly slipped out.
I let out a scream and felt that my head hit the floor before my vision went black.

I woke up and saw that I was at a familiar place. Gwi's home. I looked down at me and saw that I was tied to a pillar by vines.
I tried to tear the vines apart, but after five minutes of fighting, still nothing happened.
"Don't even try it. It won't work." I looked up and saw the man I bumped in yesterday.
"You're the asshole that told Gwi where he can find me?"
"Well, I'm working for him."
I rolled my eyes, but when I heard somebody coming in, I quickly turned my head to the side.
It was Gwi, who entered the room.
He went to the man and looked at him.
"Go outside and leave us alone."
The man nodded and did as Gwi commanded.
Then, Gwi looked at me and slowly walked into my direction.
When he stood directly in front of me, he quickly teared the vines apart, and I fell on my knees.
He grinned and looked down on me.
"Stand up."
I didn't want any trouble, so I quickly stood up.
He came closer and looked at my face.
"You really are beautiful."
'Did that guy just give me a compliment? I mean, I would be thankful if he wouldn't wanna kill me.'
He looked deep into my eyes, and I did the same. I didn't know why, but I couldn't take my eyes away from him.
'Is it because he's a vampire? Is he using that vampire charm to weaken me? But he got the wrong girl for that!'
He came closer, and I pushed him away as hard as I could.
My action didn't border Gwi, and he ran up to me again, only to grab my throat and push me against the pillar.
He bent down to my ear, and I could feel his breath on my neck.
"That was stupid." He whisperd into my ear, and I could hardly breathe under his strong grip.
But then, suddenly, he let go of me, and my feet could touch the ground again.
I felt something on my cheek. A tear.
'Shit shit, why am I crying now? This is so embarrassing.'
He raised his hand and wiped the tears out of my face.
"There's no need to cry, dear."
He then walked a few steps backward and gave me a last look before he turned around and left the room.
'Did he just try to be nice to me? Nah, I've just imagined that he's still evil. But handso- No, no, Phoebe!'
I walked over to his throne and looked at it.
I don't know why, but I sat myself down on his throne and put some vines on my head as a crown.
"You failed your mission, servant? Off with your head!" I joked around.
I heard footsteps and quickly jumped off of the throne.
I saw that it was the man who told Gwi about me.
"Oh, you're alive. I thought Gwi had already killed you." He said with a slight grin.
"Oh, you thought?" I walked up to him and slapped him really hard in the face.
He literally fell on the ground because of my slap.
"If I had a knife, I would kill you." I said coldly, and he locked at me in shock.
"You should have respect for me, child! I'm older than you!"
"And? I'm taller than you, so why would I have respect for you, duh?"
He stood up and wanted to punch me, so I quickly grabbed a stone from the ground and hit with it on his head.
He fell on the ground again, and I saw blood coming from his head.
"Hello?" I asked and kicked him a little bit to check if he's alive.
"Fuck, did I just killed that guy?"