6. A new friend

I felt something on my head and quickly sat up.
When I looked next to me, I saw Yang-sun who just threw a pillow at me.
"Why did you wake me up, I'm tired..."
"I want to go hiking with you, so get up!" She laughed.
"Alright fine, just give me a minute...."

She went outside and I finally managed standing up and walking over to my purse.
"So, what do I want to wear today?...."
I grabbed into the purse and pulled out an outfit.

I then put on some natural make up, just lipstick and mascara, to not look like a corpse

When I went outside, Yang-sun was starring at me.
"I'm really not used to this kind of clothing, but you look amazing!"
I smiled, because I rarely get compliments.
"Thanks. So, shall we go?"
"Yes!" She said and started walking. I didn't know, where she wanted to go so I just tried to keep up with her.

But before we could leave the village, Sung-yeol blocked our path.
"Where do you two want to go?"
"Just hiking." Yang-sun answered him.
Sung-yeol looked at me with a serious face.
"Didn't I tell you, that you should ask me for permission, before you leave the village?!"
"Do you give me permission to leave the village, great master?" I joked.
"Ha ha, very funny." He said ironically.
"Do I get an answer?"
"Yes, but I'll come with you!"
Yang-sun and I sighed annoyed.
"Why? We wanna do a girls trip!" I looked at him.
"Do I have to tell you the reason again?"
I turned to Yang-sun.
"You know what we just gonna ignore him!"
She laughed and we started with our hiking trip.

Yang-sun and I were walking in the front, while Sung-yeol was always a few meters behind us. He didn't really care about what we talked about and just looked around in the forest.

"So, why did you even want to go hiking with me?" I asked Yang-sun curiously.
"I need to show you a place. You'll love it!"
"Okay, I'm exited!" I laughed.
There was a short moment of silence before I asked Yang-sun something.
"Are you friends with Sung-yeol?"
"Why are you calling him by his name? It's more respectful to call him Scholar."
"Because I want to. But please answer my question."
"Well, I guess so. We're kind of friends."
"You sure that you're just friends? I recognized, how you look at him all the time." I smirked and she blushed a bit.
"Uh, no We're just friends! But.....do you have any friends from were you're coming?"
"Yes, her name's Sarah. We're bestfriends for 16 years now, we met when we were one year old."
"Wow, that's a long time. And what about your family? I'm living with my dad, mom and sister!"
"My....family...." I looked to the ground. "I live with my mother and my little brother, my father moved out when I was seven, because my parents broke up. But I see him very often. I would say, that I have a very good relationship with my family..."
"But why do you look so sad then?"
"I had an argument with mother, before I came here, and now I'm afraid, that I can never go back...."
Yang-sun put a hand on my shoulder.
"I'm sure we'll find a way to bring you back. I know that I'm not your family, but we can be friends!" She smiled at me warmly and I smiled back.
"Of course we can be friends."
I was so happy, that I could talk with somebody. Even though Sung-yeol was listening, I didn't fell embarrassed at all.

After a few minutes of walking, many big bushes appeared in front of us.
"Is that a dead end Yang-sun?" I asked her but she didn't respond. She just went forward and disappeared into the bushes.
"Yang-sun?"
"Just follow me trough the bushes!" She said from the other side.
I looked over to Sung-yeol and we both made our way trough the plants.
"I hope there are no spiders..." I said to myself quietly.

"Alright Yang-sun, what's so important that you let us go through that stupid plan-" I stopped when I looked up and saw I big lake infront of us.
It shined light blue and was surrounded by beautiful mountains.
"I found that place once on a hiking trip. I didn't want to show it to anyone, but since you're my friends, I can make an exception." She explained and smiled.
"It's beautiful." I said while enjoying the view. I looked at Sung-yeol and saw that he didn't think it was bad as well. He wasn't really showing emotion, but you could see it in his eyes.
"Too bad I forgot my swimsuit." I said.
"Swimsuit? Just go in with your clothes!" Yang-sun responded laughing.
I looked confused.
"That's how we do it in this century. Just live with it!" Sung-yeol said coldly.
"No no, I'm not doing this! I have my purse with me, so just wait a second, I'm gonna change in that bush over there!"

I ran into the bush and thought about what to wear now. First I wanted to wear a normal swimsuit, but that would've been a bit too skin showing for that time, so I decided to wear a black sport swimsuit that covered my shoulders and thighs.

When I went out of the bush, they gave me a few looks but didn't say anything.
"Now let's go into the water!"
Yang-sun removed a few layers of her outfit and Sung-yeol just stood there like a statue.
"I'm not going into the water." He said and sat down on a stone.
"Well, then there's more lake for us!" I said to Yang-sun. I found a little cliff and ran up there. When I reached the highest point, I jumped into the lake.

We had a very funny time at the lake and didn't realize, that the sun slowly disappeared.

"You two, come out of the water immediately!" Sung-yeol shouted.
"Why?" I asked, but when I realized that it was getting dark, I ran out of the water.
I changed into my normal clothes again and Yang-sun came out of the water as well.
"Always when it's getting dark you're panicking! Why? And don't lie to me anymore!" She pointed out.

"I'll tell her now!" I said and looked over to Sung-yeol. He sighed but nodded.

"It may sound very strange now, but.... I'm followed by a vampire named Gwi. He wants my blood because his goal is to become immortal and that's possible with my blood. So what I try to say is, that vampires do exist and that's why we have to go before it's getting dark."

Yang-sun was too shocked to speak.
"What?"