12. The potion seller

We were walking through the forest for more than one day now and slept in one village that we had passed.
My feet hurt, and Yang-sun also looked very tired.
"How much longer do you think we have to walk?" I asked Sung-yeol with hope that we almost made it.
"I'm not sure, but I think we have to sleep in one other village before we arrive.
"Uhhhhhh..." I dropped myself on the floor and looked in the heaven.
"We won't arrive when you always have to do breaks!" Sung-yeol said and pulled me up by my arm.
"Ouch!" I said and slapped him.
"Did you just slap me??" He looked angry, but then Yang-sun pointed out,"Please stop fighting. Can we just continue walking? And for me it's also difficult to walk in that long dress."
"Yes, you're right. We should just continue our walk." I agreed, and Sung-yeol also agreed.

We walked for four more hours and talked a bit, so the time would pass faster.
We came to a very beautiful part of the forest. The trees were really pretty, and the sunlight shone through the leaves. And then a question came into my mind, and I looked at Sung-yeol.
"How can you walk in the sunlight? Gwi can't, so how can you?"
"The black coat that I'm wearing protects vampires from the sunlight."
"Cool. Can every vampire use it or just you?"
"Every vampire."
"Because in the vampire diaries, every vampire has their own daylight ring that just protects them from the sunlight!"
"The vampire diaries?" Yang-sun asked, and I laughed.
"It's a TV show, please don't make me explain it."
"Okay, I won't ask anymore." Yang-sun said and smiled.

The sun was setting and we could see the last village before our destination in the distance.
"Let's hurry, I'm tired." I complained, and Sung-yeol was getting annoyed with me.
"Stop complaining. It's annoying!"
"I can't walk anymore!" When I said that, I dramatically dropped on the ground, and Yang-sun started laughing.
"No time for joking, stand up!" Sung-yeol commanded, but I didn't move a muscle.
Suddenly, I was lifted up and quickly opened my eyes.
Sung-yeol literally started to carry me.
"Okay, okay, I'm walking myself, but let me down!"
"No, you annoyed me too much."
"Yang-sun, help me!" I reached my arms out to her, but she still laughed.
"Sorry, but no. It's too funny!"
I pushed against Sung-yeol's chest a few times, but it didn't work, so I crossed my arms in front of my chest.

When we arrived at the village, Sung-yeol let me down. But he wasn't careful. He just dropped me.
"Ouch!" I landed on the ground and quickly stood up.
"Asshole!" I cursed at him, but he just grinned a bit.
"Stay here, you two, I'll ask for a house." Sung-yeol walked into a hotel like building, and I waited outside with Yang-sun.
Suddenly, I felt something bumping into me, and I fell to the ground.
I saw a small man standing in front of me and I got up again.
"I'm so sorry, Miss, I really didn't see -"
He stopped when I looked at him and he saw my face.
"You!" He pointed out, and I was a bit confused.
"Do we know us?" I asked, but he quickly turned around and ran away.
"Strange, man." Yang-sun said, and I nodded.
"Yes..."
"Alright girls, I got a room for us." We turned around and saw Sung-yeol.
"Wait, a room? Not a house?" I asked.
"Yes, a room."
"But we can't sleep in one room?" I said, and they looked at me.
"It's normal. Why are you so shocked?" Yang-sun explained, and I shook my head.
"Fine, let's just go inside it's getting cold."

We arrived inside the room and it was really small. There were just three mattresses on the floor.
"Great, so luxurious." I said ironically.
"It's just for one night, don't worry." Yang-sun said and layed a hand on my shoulder.
It was really late, so we all lay down and fell asleep.

I was running to my home as fast as I could. The wind blew through my hair, and the rain fell into my eyes and blurred my view.
I arrived at my house, and when I entered, the smell of blood went into my nose.
I quickly opened the last door to get in, when I saw blood all over the floor and walls.
I ran into the living room and saw the most disturbing thing I've ever seen.
The corpses of my mother, brother, and my two cats lay on the floor, covered in blood.
I put my hands in front of my mouth and started crying.
"You ran away from me, so I had to punish you." I turned around and saw Gwi behind me.
He was also covered in blood, but it wasn't his own.
The lights switched off, and I couldn't see anything when he ran up to me and bit me in the neck.

I sat up, covered in sweat, and looked around. I saw Yang-sun and Sung-yeol laying on the ground. They were both asleep, and I let out a breath. I thought about my family and felt tears in my eyes but quickly wiped them away.
I needed fresh air to clear my head, so I stood up and grabbed a jacket out of my purse before I left the building.

When I went through the door, the cold night air blowed through my hair. I looked up and could see the moon.
"In a few days, it's full moon...." I said to myself and started walking around the village.
It wasn't really cold but the wind was, so I decided to go into the house again.
"Good evening, Miss. What are you doing here outside that late at night?"
I turned around and saw a old man standing behind me.
"I was just about to go inside again."
I answered with a forceful smile in my face.
"Oh, I see. I guess you don't have any interest in buying stuff from a poor old man."
"Well, I have to know what you're selling to decide if I want to buy something."
"Of course, you're right, young lady. I'm selling all kinds of potions and pretty magical stuff."
My eyes widened, and he removed the blanket that covered his wagon.
Then, I recognized something. A small glass vial filled with a purple liquid.
'I saw that before somewhere....' I thought, and then I remembered. It looked like the drawing of the cure, which I saw in the book that Sung-yeol was showing us.
"I need this!" I pointed out while pointing at the vial.
"I see......do you have money?"
"I- no, no, I don't."
He looked at something around my neck and then up to my face again.
"Is your necklace out of real gold?"
"Uh, yes?" I answered, and he smiled.
"How about you give me your necklace, and I give you the potion."
I thought about it for a moment. My mother once bought me that necklace, but on the other side, we have to beat Gwi.
"Okay, fine." I took off my necklace and gave it to him. He took it and gave me the cure.
"Have a good night, Miss" He said and walked away.

I stood there, and a smile formed on my lips while I was looking at the cure.
I quickly put it inside of my jacket and turned around to go inside.

"Here you are!"