Kapitulo 5

I walked to the entrance of my condominium and checked myself out one last time through my phone. I decided to wear a green cropped top and blue denim pants. My hair was tied, and my makeup was simple. I redid the eyeliner again. I still couldn't get used to doing it. My neck was visible since my cropped top was a tank top as well.

My Grab car arrived after a few minutes. I rode it to MOA and waited for Alexis. I bought ice cream muna while waiting. I ate in my unit para I wouldn't eat na before going into the arena. Baka my stomach would go ballistic and need to use the bathroom and soap. And public comfort rooms were... not something I liked using.

"Hi, pretty girl!" bati ni Alexis nang umupo siya sa harap ko. I was still in the ice cream parlor when she arrived at the huge mall. "You want?" I offered my cold food.

"No, I ate a ton before coming here." She touched her stomach as if she could show whatever she ate to me. I nodded.

"By the way, you had your Ethics presentation na, right? Diff pros tayo, but I think they follow the same path." Oh, yeah, una nga pala akong magpe-present sa kanya sa Ethics. I wiped my lips before answering. "Yeah, why?"

"Did you speak English the whole time or not?" tumango ako. "Really? Filipino is not allowed?"

"My prof encourages English, but she said if we're really having a hard time, we could use both naman."

"Daya! Our prof only allows English," she sulked before using her phone. I noticed her small cat eyeliner. Her full lips were colored with nude lipstick.

"What's your topic?" I asked. "Allegory of the Cave,"

"Good luck," she sighed and talked about the others subjects we had. She was having a hard time in Math daw. I offered to teach her, but she said YouTube had been helping her so far. She'd ask for my help if she knew YouTube wouldn't be helpful for her anymore. She argued that the prof of our Math subject wasn't a not efficient prof, she was just a slow learner in the subject.

"I mean, I try my best, you know? To like... learn math, but it just hates me." I smiled in between her words. She looked adorable explaining her dislike for math.

"Do you think I'm stupid?"

"No, Alex. You're just having a hard time, it just means you're trying very hard. That's great, keep on trying because you'll get there soon."

"How do you sound so sure after I told you my history in math? Gosh, you're a literal angel,"

"You're overthinking this. I just believe in you because you're my friend,"

She gave an upside-down smile before telling me we should go to the arena already since the game was nearing. Again, we bought the nearest seats to the court because we were both eager to watch the players. Initially, we were going to watch the women's volleyball game, but... I asked her if we could watch the men's basketball game instead. She said sure since she'd get to see her crush too. Alexis still liked the guy. She told me about her crush and his fling being over; updated siya. F-ina-ollow back kasi siya nung pinsan ng crush niya, kaya ngayon ay napagtatanungan niya na 'yon tungkol sa crush niya.

"ADMU kalaban nila today, 'no?" Alexis asked me while she was posing for her picture. "I think so," I looked at the dugout; it was near our seats, so... I could quickly see the team going out from it when the event starts.

"Sana manalo La Salle today," said Alexis as she watched the crowd in front of us. The blue-colored audience was filled with people from all walks of life like ours.

I really hope DLSU would win today. It would boost their placement in the current status of the whole season. Plus, they'd have more reason to work harder.