Kapitulo 18

The tension between Mommy, Daddy, and me was unwavering as I put my maletas and others things inside the house. It was the first day of April and the term break began. I rode a Grab to go home. River wanted to drop me off, but I told him I wanted to go home alone. Kinailangan ko ng oras para paghandaan ang madadatnan ko. Bukod do'n, kailangan ko rin isipin kung paano nga ba ang magiging takbo ng usapan namin ng mga magulang ko. It will always have two paths, and the other has a higher possibility of being walked on.

"You've stopped seeing that boy, right?"

Ginusto ko muna silang yakapin man lang, pero mukhang hindi ko na magagawa.

I've been so anxious about this. Even though they were the cause of my anxiety, I still wanted them to hold me. To embrace me before they scold me tirelessly.

My comfort was my stress stimulant.

How absurd.

"Put your clothes in the laundry and have the maid clean it. Then, go to the dining table, your father will tell you something."

To lighten the mood, I followed Mommy's words. But I knew that anything I would do now wouldn't prepare them for the disobedience I'd commit later on.

I pushed the four-wheeled container to the laundry room of the house and greeted manang Ising.

"Oh! Ngayon pala ang uwi mo, kumusta ang biyahe?"

"It's okay, Manang."

"Bakit wala na naman sa hulog 'yang mga magulang mo?"

"I've been dating a guy they don't like."

"Huh? Bakit? E, dati naman may pinakikilala kang boypren, ah? Hindi naman sila umaangal,"

"Ewan ko, Manang. He's a basketball player, ayaw nina Mommy."

"Basketbol? Oh, e 'di, kaya kang ipagtanggol no'n! Maskulado pala, e!"

"I know, right, Manang!"

"Hay naku, ewan ko na talaga riya'n sa magulang mo. Lahat na lang bawal, lahat na lang kailangan ganito, ganyan. Mabuti na lang at napakabait mong bata. Kanino ka kaya nagmana?"

Napangiti ako at niyapos ang nag-alaga sa akin simula pagkabata.

"Mabait ba 'yang kinikita mo?" bulong na tanong sa akin ni manang Ising. "Super, good kisser too." Humagikgik siya at binitawan ako.

"Ikaw, ah!" I laughed at her words and left her.

Pumanhik ako at ibinaba ang ibang gamit ko sa kuwarto. My room looked neat. Manang Ising once told me she cleans it regularly in case raw umuwi ako.

Such a sweet lady.

"Sit down," Daddy ordered in a voice I hear whenever I didn't follow him or Mommy. It was the voice he used when he asked me why I wasn't the best.

"Explain this," he laid his phone on the table and pushed it to my end.

I read the article about River and his supposed girlfriend, me.

HOT TOPIC: River Abad of the DLSU Green Archers is dating a fellow Lasallian?

The famous young man, who will probably be recruited by different basketball teams after college, is currently often sighted with a girl wearing a  green lanyard within and outside of the DLSU campus. The fans of the UAAP star found out about their idol's relationship with miss Anjel Delo Santos because of a photo from a newly-opened restaurant...

"I'm not his girlfriend," yet... "We are dating, Dad."

"Bakit hindi mo kailanman binanggit 'to?"