Kapitulo 6

Pagdating ng Saturday, I realized it was November na. Time flew too swiftly. I was busy with acads and org work that I failed to notice time passing by. Finals were approaching too. So, as much as I could, I refused any gala to study except for when I was really drained and needed some alcohol and relaxation.

"Have you eaten breakfast?" I let River go inside my unit as I lowered the volume of my music. "Yes,"

Napatingin ako sa niluto kong pancakes, I guess I'd just eat that later for meriyenda. Tinignan ko ulit si River at nakitang pinagmamasdan niya ako. Tumikhim ako at pumunta na sa coffee table ko. I took my laptop from there and walked to the dining table. I placed the plate of pancakes on my kitchen island before covering it up with the pantakip that had holes in it.

"Let's do our paper here," he walked and sat before me. Unti-unti niyang nilabas ang mga gamit niya habang pinagmamasdan ko siya.

He was wearing a black shirt, green shorts, and an expensive-looking watch on his wrist. The muscles he had were obvious in his get-up, it looked... hot. I wasn't going to lie and say he looked okay because he wasn't. He was hot. Okay. Hot.

It was damn early in the morning and... gosh!

"By the way, you can connect to my WIFI na lang, River. The name is Delo Santos, and the password is 'pancreas13.'" His eyes looked at me with a baffled face. "Really? That's your WIFI password?"

"I once read body organs make great passwords because they were hard to guess..."

I admit, it sounded weird at first because people usually had dates or names as their passwords. But that was just it! It wasn't supposed to be familiar, it was supposed to be different!

"Good... thinking, I guess," he smiled as if something was amusing. Hey, all I knew was that my password was useful and hard to know.

"So, have you written down three films?" I started asking him about our paper. We were going to write an essay about a historical film that had inaccurate depictions of the past. Then, we would correct the misinformation within those films.

"Yeah, here," he gave me a tiny piece of paper that had a distinct type of writing. So, this was how River wrote... His capital letters were the same size as his small letters... It looked like the ones you see on a wall graffiti here in Manila.

"Oh, I've watched one of these," I told him. "Rewatch it with me then," tumango ako.

"Yeah, let's choose that one—it's worth the watch, and we could probably write a ton of things about it."

We messaged each other about this paper. He was going to write suggestions for our movie while I was going to be the one who did the APA citations, he said he was terrible at it. But he did say he wanted to learn, so he'd come with me when I'd write it.

"Kumain ka na ba ng almusal?" bigla niyang tanong kalagitnaan ng pagse-search ko sa laptop ko. "Hindi pa, akala ko kasi... rito ka kakain. Mamaya na lang ako kakain, I drank tea anyway."

"Kainin na natin," sinara niya ang laptop niya at inusog 'yon sa gilid. I stared at him. "It's fine, River. I'm not hungry pa naman,"

"You're really going to say that after making a face?" my brows met. "What face?"

"The 'it's your fault I didn't eat my pancake' face," he was just joking, but somehow, it made me feel ashamed. Maybe I did look like I wanted him to feel guilty.

"Anghel, I was just kidding. Don't feel bad, besides I really want to eat your food now that I know you cooked it for me. Akala ko kasi it was... you know, common courtesy." Oh, his words felt genuine.