Chapter 4

By the time they got to the campground, the storm was just upon them.
Steve had pushed the RV, managing to keep them on the road, even through the turns and twists. His hands had been steady, holding the steering wheel, his eyes never leaving the highway, keeping a safe distance from the vehicles in front of them.
The brief stop at the office, to grab their reservation information packet, which held the map and the paperwork that held their permits, and they were back to moving, following the signs to where their spot was. The time outside, even though she had kept the hood up, had sent her into shivers, and she saw Steve frowning as he sent brief glances her way.

"We can back in." She told him, going over the packet, using the dimmed light from her cell phone to read the information. "There's power, water....and possibly sewage hookups."
"Good." Steve nodded, his jaw flexing. "I wasn't looking forward to using the generator."
"We could... I think. What's our decibels?" she asked, flipping the page. "There's a whole list of technical stuff, regarding generator usage."
"Let's just use the power hookup, and leave it alone." he suggested, slowing down over the speed bumps. "Be nicer to our neighbors that way."
"Better to annoy them with other sounds." She grinned, looking up at where they were going. "Continue down this curve, then take the first left."

He nodded, following her directions.
"And we are... slot number... forty five...." She spoke, watching the numbers, seeing a few other RVs, a few buses, pop up campers, and what looked like a building on the back of a truck. But there was their spot, a few spots away from the others. "There. That's us."
"I see it." Steve nodded, as he slowed down. "We should be able to back in."
She sat back, gathering the papers back into the packet, turning off her phone, as she waited for him to start maneuvering the RV.
"You wanna get out and help me back this beast in? It's dark, and I'm not sure where the edge is." Steve sighed, looking at her.
"Sure." She nodded, setting the packet on the dash, before standing up and going into the back, briefly. She stood on her toes, reaching above her head and opening one of the cabinets. "I think I saw... yup!"
She held up a flash light, before coming up to the front, pushing back her seat, and jumping down the stairs.

"I'll stand on the edge, and help guide you back in?" She spoke loud enough to be heard over the wind, feeling it whip the back of her legs, and almost pushing her.

"Yeah. Just like that, Babydoll." Steve nodded, then turning to open the window at his elbow.
Brooklyn shut the door, going around the front, turning on the flash light, and jumping up to tap his elbow at the window, as she walked down the length of the RV, until she was at the back of it. Turning around, she held up the flash light, and began to back up, watching where her feet were going. She was making sure there was enough room on the side of them, that they would be able to set up the slide outs, while also trying to make sure Steve was backing in straight. Between the glow from the tail lights, and her flash light, she was able to make sure things were going correct.

She spotted the hook up box, and stopped, while continuing to gesture with the flashlight, encouraging him to keep backing up, until she was sure- without going around the other side to check to make absolutely sure- the box was even with where the hookups were on the RV.

"Right there!" she called out, and Steve stopped the RV, putting it in park without turning it off. He climbed out of the RV on the driver's side, coming down to where she was, nodding when he saw what she had done. He went around the back, to the other side, before coming back, pausing to kiss her on the head, then climbed back into the RV, turning it off. He climbed out again, shutting the door, and came back to her.
"Help me with the hookups!" he spoke, loud enough to be heard over the wind. "The light will be helpful!"
"Okay!" She nodded, following him around the other side, and held the flashlight as he opened the box, reaching in for the cord. He pulled it out, plugging it in, before leading the cord to the box on the side of their camping spot.