Chapter 3: The Crew

Another hour and a half had passed in Art II with John. They were right, Mr. Cropper had my sides hurting with laughter by the end of class. My cheeks were hurting with smiling and tears were flowing out of my eyes. When the end of class bell rang, I took a deep breath and stood up.

"Do you like his class so far?" John asked me, helping me out of my seat.

"He's awesome! Is he like this every day?"

"Pretty much. Anyway, what do you have next? Better yet, which lunch do you have?"

I pulled my schedule out of my folder and read it over. There were a lot fewer classes in the day here than at home; here at Granite Hills I only had four classes, plus a free period during lunch, compared to six in New York. "'A' lunch. Is that right now?"

"Yep. Hey, we have it together! You can meet the rest of my friends, sweet." So far I only knew two new people: Steven and John. I like this whole meeting people thing, it's pretty nice.

John and I walked down the main hallway and down the stairs to the cafeteria at the other end of school, and in the process I passed by Cielo.

"Hey, Ci-ci! When do you have lunch?"

"D lunch. I'm on my way to English now, catch you later!" The hallway was pretty crowded and separated me and Cielo quickly. John and I kept on our way and he pulled on my sleeve to get my attention.

"Hey, how do you know her? She's in my physical science class."

"That's my sister Cielo. You'll keep an eye out on her for me, will you? I'm a little worried about her because of us being new."

"Sure thing, Anthony. Anything for a friend."

We made it to the cafeteria before the big rush of the crowd came through and got in quickly. John looked around the big dining room and spotted a group of boys sitting together. They saw us and one wearing blue-tinted glasses waved us over.

John pulled me along. "Here they are. Hey, guys!" We walked over to the table and I recognized Steven sitting with them.

"Hey, Anthony!" he squealed with joy.

"Steven already knows him, but guys this is Anthony. Anthony, this is Tom" - he pointed to the guy with the glasses - "and this is Anthony." He pointed to the other boy, one with a round face and a dark complexion. "Guys, this is my new buddy Anthony. This is his first day here."

"Where are you from?" Tom asked, biting into his roll.

"We just moved here from New York not too long ago."

"Oh hey, another Anthony. Just call me GaLm if you want."

I nodded. "Okay, GaLm? Do you all have nicknames?"

GaLm shook his head. "Except for Tom, he's just Tom." Tom laughed and stuck his tongue out at him. "John is Smarty and Steven is Ze. Do you have one or do you want us to give you one?"

"Call me Chilled if you like. That's part of my channel name."

The other four guys smiled and stared at each other. Smarty was the first to speak up. "YouTube? So do we! As a matter of fact, we're planning on starting a gaming group soon if you want to join."

I smiled and nodded. "Sounds fun. Count me in!" I bit into whatever kind of meat the lunch lady gave me and listened to them as they discussed logistics and plans for the group. The bell rang soon and we all gathered our plates.

"Hey Chilled, we're going to the track if you want to come," Steven invited.

"Wait, do you all have free period right now?"