Chapter 6: My Happy Place, pt. 1

Knock knock. "Anthony?"

I pulled the comforter over my face and hid away from the sun and my sister knocking on my door. "Five more minutes!" I whined.

"Not this morning, Lazybutt. You have a... special visitor here."

I knew who she was referring to. I checked the time on my phone, 9:00 exactly. Throwing the covers back and neglecting to put a shirt on, I leave the comforts of my bed and head down the stairs. I reach the door and open it to find Steven waiting there.

"Good morning," I greeted with a smile. "I didn't know you were coming this early."

"Yeah I got up early this morning and decided I couldn't wait much longer." His speech grew stuttery and he kept glancing down to my body, a deep shade of red coating his cheeks. In my haste to get down here I forgot to throw on a shirt. Or did I do this on purpose? The last one, probably. *wink wink*

"Oh, sorry about this. I was still asleep, oops."

"It's okay. I know I was a bit of a surprise."

"Anyway, want to come in? It won't take me long to get dressed." I stepped aside to let him in and his arm brushed my torso ever so lightly. Just like his hand on my hip, my heart started to thud loudly in my chest, but lucky me because I don't have to hide my feelings anymore. "Do you want anything to drink?"

"I'll take a glass of water."

I went into the kitchen and found Cielo pouring a bowl of cereal. "Yeah, he needs some water to quench his thirst, alright," she whispered. I pinched her side, making her squeal and dance with shock, and grabbed Steven's water.

"I won't be gone long." He thanked me for the water and I rushed upstairs to get ready. Today Steven's taking me into the city on an exploration trip, including a stop at the city zoo and a walk downtown. It'll be a day just for us, now that our math project is done and our feelings for each other are out. Well, we planned this before last night but that's been added since then. So yeah, I guess it's a date?

I threw on my white cargo shorts, a red plaid shirt and my red Sneakers. I know I'm not Cielo level of being ready for a date but I can get away with this, being a guy and all.

"Ready?" I asked, coming off the stairs.

Steven looked up at me and smiled, his green eyes twinkling when he saw me. "If you are, Chilly."

He stood up and I reached out for his hand. I wasn't sure if he would take because of us not being out completely, but I needed his hand in mind. I always do, it's like an addiction I can't shake, and quite frankly, I don't want to.

He smiled and took it, intertwining our fingers together. It feels so good, so natural, like they were made for each other. It's like I've waited my entire life to feel this spark with someone, a spark that can be ignited by even the smallest gestures.

I turned around and saw Cielo enter the living room before we left. She wiggled her eyebrows and I stopped Steven.

"Hey, Ci-ci," I whispered. "I know what you're thinking. Yes, Steven and I are a thing, sort of, but promise me you won't tell anyone. Scarlett knows, but we're not out yet."

"Don't worry, your secrets are safe with me."

I nodded and rejoined Steven, grabbing his hand. We got to his car, unfortunately having to let go of each other. I climbed in and closed the door, catching him staring at me intently.

"What?" I asked with a chuckle.

"Nothing, I just can't get over how freaking hot you are." I cupped his cheek with my palms and pulled him closer to me for a kiss. I can't help it, he's just so amazing.