clrs; 1

| c h a p t e r o n e |

Hayley sat in a two seater right beside a two way glass wall which showed the buzzing city. She drank her coffee, twirling her fiery red hair with her index finger, her eyes closed and music playing through her earphones. She was in peace. She was alone. She was safe. However her little moment ended when she felt a tap on her shoulder. Hayley pulled out one earbud, her eyebrows furrowed, she turned to see whoever disrupted her, however her gaze softened. A girl about her age was standing by her side, smiling. She had light blue hair, her hands tightly gripping her white skirt.

"H-hi," She stuttered. "Is it okay if I sit there," She said, pointing to the empty chair facing hayley.

Hayley simply nodded, then the other girl occupied the other seat. Hayley sighed putting the mug down. She looked out at the city, admiring the city lights.

"I'm Ashley," The blue haired girl said with a big smile, her hand out for Hayley to shake. Hayley shook it and bid her first name quickly.

Ashley brought a notebook which was set down on the table, her two hands hugging a mug of hot chocolate.

"I like your hair," Ashley said, trying to start a conversation.

"Thanks, blue." Hayley replied shortly, a small smile placed on her lips.

"Welcome, red." Ashley giggled, setting down the hot chocolate. "Do you like to write?"

"Write?"

"Yeah, as in poetry or something."

"No."

"Why?"

"What's the point? I'm just going to waste ink and paper on bullshìt."

"If it's your thoughts or beliefs, it's not bullshìt."

Hayley rolled her eyes, pulling out her other earbud. "Then is that what you write about, Miss Blue?" Hayley uttered, pointing to Ashley's notebook.

"Yes." Ashley said, a big smile on her face. She then took another sip of her hot chocolate.

Hayley mimicked her, however instead of taking a sip, she took a gulp and finished the whole drink. She then laughed then opened her bag, reaching out for a pack of cigarettes. She took out a cigarette and lighting it up with a pocket lighter, Ashley's smile dropped. Hayley furrowed her eyebrows and placed the packet of cigarettes on the table, she then pushed it towards Ashley.

"Take one."

"No thanks."

"I'm not offering, I'm telling you to," Hayley smirked, placing the cigarette back in-between her lips.

"No."

"Just try it, come on, blue."

"No it's dangerous."

"No it isn't."

"It could kill you."

Hayley blew smoke out, while Ashley, on the other hand, scrunched her nose. "I'm still alive."

"It could still harm you."

"Not if you only try one cigarette."

"No."

"Come on, blue, please."

Ashley shook her head and took another sip of her hot chocolate.

Hayley took out the cigarette from her mouth and held it out to Ashley, "Here, just once."

Ashley looked at the cigarette, her hand took it hesitantly. Then she placed it in-between her lips.

Hey, I would just like to say that  I really hate smoking and I'm not encouraging it. I wrote that to show how fucked up Hayley is and how easily Ashley would give in. If someone forces you to smoke, please don't do it, smoking could lead to health problems, and could harm your body, a lot. I know you already know this, but y'know... Please take care of yourself, all those cells inside your body are killing themselves to keep you alive, so repay them by taking care of yourself, I hope that makes sense lol. Romanticise self-love instead of self-hate.