clrs; 6

| c h a p t e r s i x |

She was an artwork. however, as the painting started getting older, she became tattered, unwanted, undesired, and unappealing to some people's eyes. Yet she was still appealing to me, she just had the kind of beauty that was different and unlike all the other artworks, she was imperfect but aesthetic, she's pleasing to my eyes, she's basically the most beautiful thing I can see in this messed up world.

a.f

"Smooth as fuck, Ashley," Dan uttered, smirking while he held the blue haired girl's journal.

Ashley turned around, confused, however her eyes suddenly widened as she saw the object that Dan held in his hands.

"Dan!" Ashley exclaimed, standing up. "Give me it!"

Dan then ran ((lol)) across the room, hugging the notebook then accidentally ran towards a raven haired boy, the kind of person Ashley would categorise as sunshine due to his adorable laugh even after almost being knocked down by Dan.

"Oh shit, sorry," Dan murmured, then quickly pushed him to the side, and continued running from Ashley, but instead of running after him, Ashley stopped, she realised that Dan did not only have long legs and steps, but he was also a good runner ((*laughs harder*)).

Dan then laughed and approached the small girl. "You were running like you were on fire ((fight me)), I have tiny legs, I couldn't catch up."

"I'm no fast runner, I just have long legs I guess," Dan then stopped to catch his breath, after he did, he smirked. "Cute journal entries, though."

"Dan," Ashley said, trying to sound intimidating, but it only made Dan laugh.

"Here," Dan then gave the journal back to Ashley, smiling at Hayley.

"Dan leave the two girls alone," The boy who Dan bumped to earlier, uttered.

"Please do," Hayley said, sitting down in a three seater couch while taking a drag of the drug Ashley sworn as a child she would never smoke: marijuana.

"I'm sorry, but who are you?" Ashley then widened her eyes, realising how rude she sounded. "I- I meant- like, uh... What's your name? Dan never introduced us to each other..."

"I'm Phil," he replied, then moved towards Ashley and held out a hand, which Ashley quickly shook.

Ashley tried not to stare at Phil much, but she found it so hard, since he has the brightest blue eyes she has ever seen. "You have really pretty eyes, by the way," she uttered.

"He's a fuckboy, don't get too close," Hayley said, making Ashley turn around.

"Wow, okay now I get why Dan is hardcore shipping the both of you," Phil uttered then chuckled, causing Ashley to face him again, a confuse expression pasted onto her face. "For your information, I'm gay; and I believe everyone else here is gay too, not so sure about you though..."

"Shut up Phil," Hayley lazily said, which made Phil put his hand up in mock surrender and back away while giggling.

Ashley then giggled and sat down next to hayley. "Hey, I was just wondering... What do you do?"

"What do you mean what do I do?"

"For a living? You're 23 at the moment, right?"

"Well, yeah," Hayley then put down the rolled up weed, and sighed. "Uh... I'm an artist?"

"You draw?"

"Pretty much, yes. It's pretty hard to make a living out off, especially since I just graduated." She the continued, "Right now I'm working on an exhibition-"

"I can't believe you never told me this, we went to an art exhibition together, and you never mentioned anything about it."

Hayley slouched, her eyes fixed on her hands. "When I was eighteen, I was very passionate, I wanted to become an artist," Hayley began, while Ashley listened attentively. "But as I grew older... I lost passion, I lost inspiration, so now I basically don't have anything to paint," Hayley then laughed, "I don't work for tumblr people, so they don't really like the depressing shit I make." The slight humour, made Ashley smile.

"But why? I don't get how you could just lose your shit like that?"

"You ask a crap load of questions, don't you?"

Ashley giggled, then ran her fingers through her hair. "Curiosity, I guess?"

"I don't really know why I'm telling you all this, but... I don't know..." Hayley then smiled. "the reason why I always go to the shop was: at first, I tried to find inspiration from there, the place was very warm and cozy, it reminded me of a complete family. I used to always go there, since I was sixteen, so I basically just hoped that the familiarity would make me feel like I'm whole again, but then it didn't." Hayley then grinned, and looked at Ashley in the eyes. "You did."

I know you guys hate me for not updating for, like, ten years, but yaaaaaay new chapter! I'm so sorry. So here, I would just like to go in depth with the characters more. I know Hayley's very confusing and secretive and in denial and asdfghjkl