clrs; 2

| c h a p t e r t w o |

Her lack of passion is disturbing me, it's almost as if she's given up on hope or on anything in general. I saw her again today, her hands once again holding a cigarette and her eyes lazily looking out at the city. She seemed like someone who once held fire in her heart, but then suffocated because of the smoke; an artwork that held power and beauty, but was then thrown away because the artist lost motivation; a loud voice that the whole city heard, but was to quiet for the whole world to hear. If only I could retrieve a spark in her eyes that I'm pretty sure once was there - whether it was when she was a child or when she first fell in love - then maybe it would finally make me feel whole, maybe it would make me feel like I have accomplished something.

(a.f)

As Ashley placed her pen and notebook down, Hayley rose an eyebrow, suspicious of what she wrote.

"What?" Ashley said, noticing Hayley's stare.

"What do you even write about?"

"Poems, my beliefs, people, nature, and..." Ashley trailed, thinking of more things that she writes about. "I don't know, just anything, really."

Hayley just shrugged and once again looked out to the city.

"Why do you keep looking out at the city?"

Hayley sighed and shifted in her seat, leaning back. "Well..." She started. "When I look out and see that many people out there are frowning, I realise that I'm not the only fucked up person in the world."

"So you like to see other people suffer?"

"No, not really. I just want to know that I'm normal."

"Of course you're normal!" Ashley exclaimed, almost laughing. "What makes you think that you're different, or abnormal?"

Hayley smirked and inched closer towards Ashley, her chest almost touching the table. "Well you don't normally see a girl with fiery red hair smoking, don't you?"

"Have you heard of tumblr? The punk slash grunge side of tumblr, to specify," Ashley giggles, and Hayley rolls her eyes, but secretly enjoyed Ashley's giggle. It reminded her of the beautiful sunshine while it was raining, many people call it the wedding of the foxes.

"Well, you see, they take pictures of their cigarettes and lessens the contrast and saturation, while I on the other hand, don't and simply just smoke and don't take pictures of my shoes," Hayley really did dislike those people, she thought it was pathetic and made no sense at all.

"It's aesthetic!"

"Aesthetic my ass hun, you see, aesthetic is just some bullshìt a person thinks looks pretty, but what does it do? Absolutely nothing."

"Aesthetics tend to inspire people."

"Well they don't inspire me."

"One day I'll find something that inspires you, maybe then you'll find something that you are very passionate of."

"I'm passionate with cigarettes and dope."

"No! Not like that, I want you to be passionate about something beautiful, something that would inspire you!"

"Well... Let me see... My inspirations... Oh! I have one!"

"What is it?" Ashley smiled, the side of her eyes crinkled.

"People! They inspire me so much! They inspire me to kill myself!" Hayley said, her words filled with sarcasm and false enthusiasm. Ashley's smile dropped, and slumped her shoulders.

"I'll show you something that would inspire you not to kill yourself. Meet me outside tomorrow by eleven a.m."

"Fine then I'll see you by then, blue." Hayley said, standing up. Ashley groaned at the nickname then waved at Hayley.

"Bye red!"