clrs; 5

| c h a p t e r f i v e |

"Dan's a little shithead, don't listen to anything he says," Hayley utters, placing a cigarettes in between her lips. She was worried that Dan said something that would drive Ashley away, she and Dan were the only two people she learnt to trust and she didn't want to lose either or both of them.

"He seems nice," Ashley says, holding the mug filled with hot chocolate.

Hayley clenched her jaw, and put down her cigarette on the ashtray. "You like him?"

"No..?"

"Why does that sound like a question?"

"It's not."

"Well it sounded like it," Hayley felt the harshness within her words, but she didn't care. "And back to what Dan said, I really am straight."

"Oh." the sudden silence of Ashley made her uncomfortable. Ashley was usually the one who was not quiet.

"Why the sudden silence?" Hayley questioned, an eyebrow raised. "You don't think I'm gay do you?"

"No, of course not," Ashley shook her head. "Today just wasn't really my day, I guess..."

"What happened?"

"I'd rather not talk about it," Ashley said, biting her lip.

Hayley smiled then stood up, the other girl looked at her, confused.

"Where are you going?" Ashley furrowed her eyebrows.

"Come with me."

"You haven't even finished your coffee, yet." Ashley motioned to the mug on the coffee table.

"Doesn't matter!" Hayley said, forcing Ashley to stand up, a big smile on her face.

Ashley then sighed then followed the bright haired girl outside the coffee shop. Hayley quickly walked through the buzzing streets of New York, with Ashley behind her back.

"Slow down!" Ashley said, tugging on Hayley's flannel. Hayley rolled her eyes then slowed down her pace to match the other girl's pace.

As they passed a street, Ashley smiled. "Halsey."

"What?" Hayley stoped, to look at the other girl.

"Halsey," Ashley said one more time, pointing at the sign, Halsey st. "I like that name, and it's also an anagram of my name." Ashley turned to Hayley, then said, "If I ever get to become an artist I would name myself Halsey."

"Why?" Hayley said, as they continued walking. "What's wrong with Ashley?"

"Nothing, nothing at all," The blue haired girl spoke. "It's just that, everything has to be created, whether it's based on the truth or fabricated out of thin air. The places, the sounds, the people, and Halsey's just a part of that."

"Wise words from a girl with bright blue hair," Hayley said, grinning. "You'll get somwhere, someday. It would be a shame for someone who's words like yours are thrown away."

"You've never even heard my poetry or any writing."

"I know, but I'm assuming that you're a pretty damn good writer."

Hayley walked towards an alley, making Ashley nervous, but she still followed Hayley. Hayley then stopped in front of a rusty door on the side of a building that looked old enough to have existed during the 60's.

"Where are we?"

"This is Dan's... I don't really know what you call it... Uh... Chill place?"

The door opened revealing Dan standing there, sweaty.

"Hashley, what'd you want?"

"May we enter?"

"I'm... Uh... Hanging out with my... Friend? And I... I don't think Angel, here, might want hang with me and Phil, because... You know... Our terrible bants..."

"My name is ashley?" Ashley stated, however it sounded like a question.

"Yeah I know, it's just that you resemble an angel." Ashley blushed and Hayley clenched her jaw.

Hayley was mad, she knew it was pathetic but she felt like she was the only one who was allowed to give Ashley nicknames.

"Well I guess there's no space here for us," Hayley shrugged.

"Oh come on, little miss I'm straight I promise." Dan mocked, then he sighs. "Come in..." He then suddenly widens his eyes and murmurs a 'wait', while closing the door on our face.

As we were about the leave, the door bursts open again, revealing a smiling Dan. "Now, you can come in," he then says.

"Come on Hayley," Ashley said, grabbing her arm.

"Red." Ashley stared at Hayley, confused. "You mean Red, not Hayley."

"Let's go in then, red."

Guys I need your opinion about this, like I feel like it's not that good anymore??? Idk, I need feedback please. And I know it's going kinda slow, but it'll get better gradually.