-Three- The past

My sister is 2 years younger then me. I'm 18 so that makes her 16. We are not biological sisters but we have been adopted by my father. My biological parents threw me out when I was 12 years old. I had no where to go so I was homeless. I saw Layla which is my sisters name by the way also on the streets. I found her when I was homeless for half a year. She was 10 back then.

I asked her what happened and she said that her parents forgot about her on the playground. She cried for a day praying for them to pick her up but they never did so she became homeless. On that day I decided to take care of her as much as I could do as a 12 year old. Almost a year later i went to find some food since Layla had the cold so she stayed back where we 'lived' but when I came back with food she wasn't there.

I looked everywhere for her but couldn't find her. I had one last place to look for her. But on my way there i saw Layla walking towards me. But she looked in pain, like a lot of pain. She then blacked out. When I got to her I saw a lot of blood on her back and it looked like belt marks. I didn't know what to do so I put her on my back and walked back to our place where we slept. My legs hurt a lot since it was a few kilometers long walk with a few hills on the way. When i arrived I laid her down not knowing what to do since we hadn't had any money.

I decided to stay by her side the whole time until she woke up again. It took like a day for her to wake up. When she woke up I gave her a shirt of mine so she didn't have to wear her shirt that was covered in blood. I looked into a bag that we shared together. I found bandage in it. It wasn't enough to cover all of her wounds but I did as much as I could do. In the mean time I asked her what happened and she said that she was raped and abused with a belt after that and then the men let her go, and well, then I found her. I felt horrible, I mean who would do that?! She was 11!

A few days later we came back from looking for food. I didn't want to leave her again since it was my fault. I should have never left her there alone. As I came back from looking for food with Layla on my back since she was still in a lot of pain, our sleeping place was gone.

I said that it was gonna be okay and that we where gonna look for another sleeping place. But it was already getting dark and Layla was getting tired so I saw a tankstation there was a little shop with it to so I sat down next to the shop against the wall. Since it was freezing that night I gave Layla my jacked that we found on the side of the road.

She laid down with her head on my lap while I stroked her hair. She fell asleep after a while. I was freezing but I didn't care. She needed to rest in order to heal. I closed my eyes trying to sleep, but because it was freezing I couldn't sleep.

That's when I heard footsteps. It was getting louder as it was getting closer. I then felt that they wanted to touch Layla. But after what happened I became very protective over her. I grabbed his pols out of instinct with my eyes still closed. I was shocked myself that I caught his pols before they could touch Layla.

That's when I said "Touch her and I'll kill you." With an angry tone.

I opened my eyes to see that it was a man. He looked in his late twenties.

"Easy killer. I just wanted to make sure that you two where okay." He said with a friendly smile while taking my hand of his pols. "Are you two okay?" He asked with a worried face.

I didn't really trust him but he seemed friendly so I said "She has wounds on her back and it looks like it's getting affected. And she looks pale, so no she is not okay." I said with a harsh tone while looking at Layla while stroking her hair.

The man looked at us with a painful expression. I felt like I could trust him so I asked him if he could help us and he agreed.

That's when he said that we had to go to the hospital and that his car was close by. I didn't wake Layla up since she needed to rest. I put her on my back with all my strength while the man asked if I needed a hand. I said no since I didn't knew if I could fully trust him.

On the way to the hospital I got to know him. His name was Atlas Dalton and he was single with the age of 27. I also introduced Layla and I to him.

When the doctors checked up on us she said that Layla was indeed infected on the parts that wasn't covered with the bandage. She said that she could've died of Atlas wouldn't have found us.

When we waited for Layla to wake up we talked a lot. I was by that time 13 almost 14 so I knew how to speak to older people. After she woke up the doctor asked us about our parents but I said that we where homeless so the doctor said that we had to go to an adoption center. But then Atlas said the unspeakable sentence.

"I want to adopt them." He said with a hopeful look.

The doctor asked if he was sure and asked if I was also okay with that. I was more then okay with that.

After a month we where a legal family and we where really happy although Layla still had nightmares about that night I stayed by her side the whole time to make sure she was okay.

After half a year we went on vacation into the woods. Our dad was out doing some groceries, Layla was playing outside while I was cleaning the dishes since we just ate lunch.

I then heard Layla scream on the top of her lungs. I ran outside and saw a bear in front of her.

I saw that the bear wanted to attack her so I ran towards her and I used myself as a shield to protect her from the attack. I then felt a sharp pain in my back. Just then my dad parked the car in front of the house we stayed in for the vacation. He saw what happened and pulled out a gun shooting it just behind the bear on a tree to scare it of.

After that I blacked out and I woke up in a hospital. The doctors said that I was lucky that my dad was just in time otherwise I would be dead. And she also said that if I didn't protect Layla she would be dead since she was small.

After I healed I looked for the first time at my back in the mirror. I saw 3 long big claw scratched of the bear attack. After that day I decided to learn how to fight. Since my dad already knew how to fight really well he taught me.

I pushed myself to become better and better to protect my sister. I would kill for her just to protect her. I became stronger and stronger, I could beat my father every time we fought. I learned myself new tricks and trained everyday.

And after 2 years I learned Layla how to fight as well. Just to protect herself. When I was 16 almost 17 I came in contact with the underground world.

I fought to make us some more money since we where short on it. I was really good at it so we made a lot of it. I always whore contacts and a mask just like I do now.

When I was 17 Layla also came in contact with the unground fighting world. She was also good at it until they found out who she was since she only whore a mask. It was getting dangerous so we had to split up, and we both found new fighting clubs in different towns.

Our dad stayed in the our old city to make sure that the people that where looking for us didn't find us.

And now where here. I'm 18 while my sister is 16 and our dad is 32. We where all very different since where adopted.

Layla has beautiful blond straight hair with bright ocean blue eyes. She was 5'3 (160cm). She is kind but feisty when it comes to family and people touching her.

While I had beautiful curly hair and bright green eyes. With the height of 5'4 (165cm). I am also feisty and kind when I wanted to. I am also very protective when it comes to family.

He has black hair with grey eyes. He is 6'3 (190cm). So he's quite tall. When you meet him for the first time he is pretty intimidating but he is a big teddy bear when he likes you. If he doesn't you will find out yourself.

Anyway back to my boring life.