Dress Up

"Hey Yuu, since you were at RSA, did anyone ever tell you who poisoned us?" Ace asks, tearing into his chicken sandwich.

"Oh yeah, it was the guy who yelled at us. You know, my prom date. I got the vibe he was forced into it," Yuu answers, making Ace stop eating.

"Hold up, wait a minute. The guy you're going to prom with poisoned us, and you're not worried?" Ace questions. "Actually, why didn't you tell us this earlier?"

"Not really. Damian's different from the others. Also, I didn't tell anyone yet because everyone wanted to beat him up when you saw him. If I told you guys what he did, you would've beaten him to death. When you should be beating up Milhouse or Ambrose."

"You know what, good point. I'll save my fury for those two."

"Are you joining everyone for shopping in town? Vil's taking me to some really fancy dress shop. Even though expensive clothing makes my skin burn."

"Good luck with your allergy to luxury. I've got to go. The basketball club has an emergency meeting."

"Ok! Bye! I'll catch up with you later!"

The day continued as usual, and Yuu exited her last class heading to Pomefiore.

"Vil, I'm here!" Yuu says, knocking on his door.

"Oh, thank the Great Seven!" Vil sighs, opening his door and pulling Yuu inside. "We have thirty minutes to pick out a nice outfit before the ruffians from the other dorms go suit shopping. Let's go!"

Vil runs with Yuu to the Mirror Chamber and enters the Dark Mirror to go into town. In preparation for Yule Prom, RSA decorated the poles with mistletoe and snowflakes. Along with lights leading to a carriage. Yuu could only imagine what the actual ballroom would look like.

"We're here! Yuu, you are going to love this!" Vil exclaims, dragging Yuu inside. "Here's their Winter collection!"

Dresses on racks swish out in front of Yuu, startling the poor girl. A feeling of indecisiveness creeps on Yuu upon seeing all the nice-looking dresses. She chooses a light blue dress with flowers on it and picks it.

"Hmm, you have good taste," Vil compliments, making Yuu feel like he expected less of her. "I'll give you a makeover on prom night."

"Thank you?" Yuu replies, unsure of Vil's words.

"No worries. I can't wait to spend prom night with everyone. It's my last year before I head off campus for internships. I want to spend time with everyone before I go."

"I get that. Having fun before the end, and then you hardly see anyone again."

"Yeah, can you bring your ghost camera with you to prom? I want you to have one good photo of everyone. You deserve it after all the trouble you've been through."

"Aww, thank you, Vil!"

"It makes me think how much I'm going to miss everyone when I leave," Yuu thinks, her eyes getting teary.

"Hey! Cheer up! We're all going to prom tomorrow, and we're going to have fun!"

"I know. I know..."

Vil sighs and pulls a box out of his coat.

"I was going to give this to you when we returned to the dorm, but I think now would be a good time. Everyone made you this. I hope you enjoy it."

Yuu opens the box and takes out a crystal tiara shaped like the Evil Queen's. On the tiara, seven jewels representing the NRC dorms glimmer. Each gem is the color of its corresponding dorm.

"We thought it would be nice to show that you represent our school. You're sort of like our school princess, you know," Vil says, wiping a tear from Yuu's face.

"Stop, you're only making me think of what happens when I go home more," Yuu cries, sniffling.

"We'll worry about that when it happens. We'll give you a party you'll never forget and tons of presents," Vil replies, hugging Yuu. "Come on, let us purchase the dress and head back to NRC."

"Ok."

~~~~~~~

Damian had spent all day searching for the wand that would return Yuu home. After countless books following the history and owners of the wand, he found the current owner. Unfortunately, the current owner is Headmaster Ambrose, who has the wand stored away in the school vault. Luckily, he created a plan to sneak out during prom, retrieve the wand, then whisk Yuu back home. But for now, he has to act normal, so his plan can succeed.

"Damian, are you paying attention? Headmage Ambrose requested I help you review these lessons. You need to learn how to kiss Yuu at the prom," Milhouse says, flipping to another flashcard.

"Remind me why I invited you inside my dorm room?" Damian asks, getting sick of him already.

"Because I'm your roommate! Plus, you can't keep me locked out of our room forever," Milhouse replies, flipping to a picture with a man's hands on a woman's waist. "Speaking of forever, I saw Yuu dress shopping in town today. She picked the prettiest dress. I just had to get a picture of-"

"Milhouse!"

"Oh, right, sorry! Milhouse, you're not being a stalker, starting now!"

"Please finish these lessons so I can get away from you."

"Ok, to summarize everything. Kiss Yuu, and we should all be living happily. Ok! Ok!"

"Whatever."

~~~~~~~~

"As your kind Headmage, I have convinced Crewel to gift all of you with suits for Yule prom tomorrow! Close your eyes and try not to choke on the dust!" Crowley commands, stepping out of the way for Crewel.

"Hold still, pups. You're going to look like Cinderella's lost bad, bitch sister," Crewel says, pointing his wand at the students.

Silver mist swirls out of his wand, covering the student body. When the sparkles clear, everyone is wearing fancy suits that make themselves look like rulers of an ice kingdom.

"Awesome," Grim meows, looking at his paws. "I look like a prince!"

"I know Grim. We all look fantastic!" Yuu cheers, spinning Grim around in her magically altered dress.

"I'm so glad Rook convinced me to go to this assembly. My dress looks better than ever!" Yuu thinks, smiling. "We'll have fun tomorrow! I know we will!"

Yuu takes a picture of the dress and sends it to Damian so he can coordinate a suit. The Yule Prom, Yuu's last day in Twisted Wonderland, is tomorrow. A day that'll change human history as we know it.