A Prom's Promised End

Today, December 21st, 2022, is the Yule Prom. The fated day that would change history as we know it. The students had begun to file into town for prom, dressed like kings and queens. When they stepped inside the carriage, the students were transported to RSA's largest ballroom, The Cinderage. Inside the ballroom, fake snow, snowflakes, and warm treats and drinks decorated the room. Although, NRC had a separate table full of the same refreshments and hot chocolate that seemed to be on the darker side.

"What type of shit is this? Why is NRC getting its table of food? Why are they segregating us?" Ace complains, rubbing his head.

"Who cares! More food for us!" Ruggie says, getting in line for a yule log.

"I don't trust it," Ace says, looking at all the happy RSA students.

"Ace, it's ok. Enjoy the prom! Have fun!" Yuu replies, twirling around Ace.

Ace smiles at Yuu's antics and walks onto the dance floor.

"Yuu, I'm over here!" Damian exclaims, raising a hand in the crowd.

"Hi!" Yuu greets, wrapping her arms around Damian.

Damian goes still for a while and unwraps Yuu's arms.

"Let's try to keep each other at slow dance length. I don't want us to get too comfortable," Damian nervously says, remembering what Milhouse said about kissing Yuu. "It's not you, it's me."

"Oh no, it's fine! Let's party!" Yuu responds, not bothered by Damian's words.

Meanwhile, Ortho stands in the corner, alone, watching his older brother try to have a conversation. His eyes glance at NRC's hot chocolate, and he notices an odd blackness. His sensors pick up whispers from another room, and he follows them.

"This is where they're coming from," Ortho whispers, putting his ear sensor on the door.

"Those fools don't suspect a thing! Once they drink that hot chocolate, it'll be too late! The slightest hint of emotional distress and they'll all overblot. Thank you, Professor Julio, for that overblot tension potion. Thanks to your efforts, their chances of overblotting are through the roof!" Ambrose monologues, sipping blood-red wine.

"Should we prepare for the reckoning?" Julio asks, taking out an iron blade.

"Why not? We've already won!" Ambrose exclaims, throwing his hands up in the air.

"Onii-chan..." Ortho whispers, worrying for his brother.

"AAAHHH!" A person screams from the ballroom.

Ortho zooms back to the dance floor and sees ink flowing from every NRC student.

"I'm too late..." Ortho whispers, seeing blot phantoms surrounding everyone. "Yuu! Run-"

"Shut up, Ortho!" Ace screams, hitting Ortho with a giant ink-covered card. "No one here deserves mercy!"

Damian runs out of the ballroom with Yuu, and her overblotted friends shriek. Ink bursts the doors open, and they follow Damian and Yuu as they head toward Ambrose's office.

"Ambrose! What have you done?!" Damian screams, kicking his office doors open.

"Even if I did tell you, it's too late. As Milhouse said, if you kiss Yuu, then we'll all be happy," Ambrose says, looking at the full moon.

A ghoulish shriek echoes throughout the halls of RSA and shakes Yuu to her core.

"I'm so sorry. I'm sorry you got brought into this," Damian weeps, seeing the floor become flooded with ink. "This will be the last time I say I'm sorry. When I do this, run to the highest tower, I'll meet you there.

Damian transforms into a werewolf and jumps at Ambrose, snapping his neck from behind. He snatches Mickey's wand from Ambrose's hip. An overblot monster that's combined with everyone else's stares Damian down. It unleashes a horrendous roar and charges at him, breaking Ambrose's deck. Damian jumps out of the window and scales the walls to meet Yuu.

"Come back here so we can eat you like we did your friends!" The overblot monster screams, shooting ink balls at Damian.

Ink flows into the ocean, and a powerline falls down, setting everything covered in ink on fire. The ocean becomes a sea of flames, and the town becomes hell on Earth.

"Yuu! I got the wand!" Damian screams, hurrying up his climbing and jumping onto the ledge. "We've got to make the wish! Yuu! Yuu? Oh my God, what happened?"

Yuu leans on the stone wall, covering her abdomen and chest. As Yuu ran to the tower, she got caught in the crossfire between Malleus, Jade, and an RSA student. She got hit with a dark magic spell in the chest and burnt by Malleus's green dragon fire on the abdomen.

"Yuu, you've got to wake up! This town, this world isn't going to survive much longer if this keeps up!" Damian screams, taking Yuu into his arms and trying to keep track of her short breathing. The light fades from Yuu's eyes, and her skin turns cold.

"Crap! I've got no choice!" Damian exclaims, kissing Yuu on the lips and breathing into her.

Magical sparkles surround Yuu, and her eyes spark back to life. Her injuries, on the other hand, didn't disappear.

"Listen to me. Make the wish to go home. I'll take care of everything here!" Damian screams, feeling the monster climbing on the walls.

Damian takes the wand out and gives it to Yuu.

"I wish...I wish that Grim and I could go home and that my friends would be ok," Yuu whimpers, closing her eyes as she makes the wish.

"YUU!!!" The overblot monster shrieks, jumping onto the ledge of the tower.

Yuu's body begins to disappear into blue sparkles, and Damian cries as the girl from another world and her devious black cat returns home.

~~~~~~~

New York, Manhattan, December 21, 2022, 11:00 PM

A car screeches to a halt on the busy streets of Manhattan.

"What the hell? Where did she come from?!" A taxi driver screams, getting out of his car. "Hey, girl! Are you ok?!"

"Oh my God! Look at her stomach!" A woman shrieks, pointing to Yuu's charred stomach. "Someone call an ambulance!"

Yuu lies on the cold concrete street, her mind distracted by blaring music and the blinding lights of Times Square. Her vision goes blurry and becomes unfocused.

"Miss, what's your name?"

"How old are you?"

"Do you know where you are?"

"What's your parent's na-"

Yuu's vision goes dark and leaves her fate to her fellow magicless human beings.

~~~~~~~

A sunrise brighter than ever shines down on Twisted Wonderland. Royal Sword Academy is destroyed, and bodies are lying around on the ground, covered in ink. A werewolf boy sits on the remains of his school, holding a crystal tiara.

"She forgot her crown," He says, looking at the tiara's glimmer.

The sea washes the debris away.

"I should keep this safe," The hairy boy says, looking at a wand with a star on it. "Put it somewhere where no one else could find it."

The werewolf boy walks away with a tiara in hand to Night Raven College. He enters the abandoned dorm, Ramshackle, and sees Yuu's stuff that got left behind.

"I wish that Yuu would meet everyone she loved from Twisted Wonderland again," The werewolf boy wishes, placing the wand onto the mirror in Yuu's room.

The mirror ripples and the wand gets sucked in. Sparkles cover Yuu's room, and all her stuff vanishes. Her room looks as if Yuu was never at Ramshackle or NRC. Werewolf boy looks at a ghost camera on the bed about to sparkle away and takes a picture with it.

"For Yuu and your memories. From Damian."